Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the book and never saw the film. I keep meaning to, but with a few exceptions I never really like films after reading the book.

The book expressed a lot of the things people take for granted about becoming or being a parent. Partly summed up by the Ed Byrne joke '..she had the look of a woman who gave up her career to have kids and the kids turned out to be shite.' Quite a controversial subject and I remember the author getting a lot of criticism at the time, partly due to the fact that he was a bloke.

Is the focus of the film different?

I've read the book and never saw the film. I keep meaning to, but with a few exceptions I never really like films after reading the book.

The book expressed a lot of the things people take for granted about becoming or being a parent. Partly summed up by the Ed Byrne joke '..she had the look of a woman who gave up her career to have kids and the kids turned out to be shite.' Quite a controversial subject and I remember the author getting a lot of criticism at the time, partly due to the fact that he was a bloke.

Saw J.Edgar yesterday, was quite dissaponted. I was expecting more from Clint Eastwood and Di Caprio.

I think the movie drags to much, perphaps if it was around 30mins shorter it would have been better

It seems weird that they are making a new spiderman but I can see why they are doing. It's mainly because Marvel have seen how well DC have done with Batman/The Dark Knight. Tbh The dark knight in my opinion is the best superhero film ever and I'm sure a lot would agree. I can't wait for Spiderman though. It looks great and it's good that Andrew Garfield can act. Toby McGuire was shocking.

It seems weird that they are making a new spiderman but I can see why they are doing. It's mainly because Marvel have seen how well DC have done with Batman/The Dark Knight. Tbh The dark knight in my opinion is the best superhero film ever and I'm sure a lot would agree. I can't wait for Spiderman though. It looks great and it's good that Andrew Garfield can act. Toby McGuire was shocking.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Treated myself last week to the 'Alien Anthology' blu-ray last week [Got it for £11.99].

Watched 'Alien' Last night and now tonight I am going to watch 'Aliens'.

Never seen it before for some reason. Going with the special edition verision!

Edited by When Jokers Attack