Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the final Harry Potter film. It was the first one that I have ever seen in one sitting. I usually get fed up half way through and need a couple of days break to see the second. Either that or it just appears on the TV and I gaze at it in total despair. A bit like a car crash really. Well, as I say I have seen the final part and all I can say is WOW, what a pile of shit. "Harry has to die", off into the forest he goes, and guess what, the four eyed little creep is not really dead, but that bit of Walmart that is in him is dead. I did not see that coming. Thank fuck it is over. Never liked the films, and abhor the books, but at least I have something else to complain about in my life.

"We need to talk about Kevin". This has not translated on to the screen very well at all, but to be fair I am not a big fan of the book really (seems a mish-mash of freudian imagery). At least with the book there was a better understanding of why he did particular things. Also what happened to his mate?

The Ides of March, very clever and engaging in parts. Kind of just fizzles out though but well worth a watch. I love political thrillers/dramas anyway. Solid 7/10.

I would have hoped for more though with a cast that includes Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and Marisa Tomei but their performances are good for what they're given.

Watched a film caled Best Laid Plans tonight, not too bad considering I wasn't expecting much. Steven Graham plays a down on his luck hustler who is in debt to a local gangster. His only way of paying off the debt is to persuade his friend (a man with learning difficulties) to fight in a series of unlicenced cage fights. I must admit when I read the description I thought it sounded shit but watching it you realise it's less about gangsters and dodgy deals and more about the realationships between the main characters.

• 2 weeks later...

i like how the Daily Bugle is more of a media superpower - wonder if it'll be a parody of the hysterics of Fox News or something with J. Jonah Jameson more like a Ted Turner/Rupert Murdoch figure.

Looks like they're really going for the media smear on Spider-Man, which is great because in the comics Spider-Man spends most of his life running from the law and people thinking he's some sort of "terrorist".

I'm liking the tone they're striking with everything I've seen so far. I've even warmed to the new costume.

Edited by Purple Monkey

I use to love the Turtles as a kid but to be honest I've got no nostagia or intrest in them anymore.

If they insist on reviving 80's brands then I wish they would make a Thundercats movie. When I started to hear about Avatar it remind me of Thundercats, cat people aliens on a distant planet battling a war mongering race just a shame Avatar was so disappointing.