Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought she was great. She's got a sweet face which is perfect for the role she plays in the group which is extraction of information. If Black Widow always acted like a hard nosed bitch nobody would trust her or let their guard down and that's exactly what makes her such a good spy - trust.

Edited by jump

Also, saw The Dictator on Thursday (for free - Woop!)

Thought it was great, more conventional scripted comedy than his previous efforts, but still pants-shittingly funny! Obviously avoid if you are easily offended!

• 2 weeks later...

This is crazy, the guy that made Battleship is in Israel to promote the flick and he starts having a go at the guy interviewing him. It ranges from telling him he's a draft dodging mother fucker and Israel needs to attack Iran before they start World War 3 whilst constantly weaving in snippets about the film.

http://www.hollywood...t-dodger-325565

Edited by jump

Watched a film called Joyeax Noel last night. It's about the ceasefire between Scottish/French and German regiments in the trenches that happened at a Christmas during WW1 where they all dropped their guns, played music and football together and gave each other Christmas presents. It's multi-lingual with French German and English holding equal footing and I loved how the line was drawn right down the centre giving all sides equal screen time.

It has a few recognisable faces in it. Tarantino must have seen this movie because he cast the main German character in this as the young German hero/actor in Inglorious Basterds, while Diane Kruger plays a glamourous German lady similar to the spy she plays in Inglorious Basterds. Evil Trevor from Eastenders plays the main Scottish guy. It's very well put together and I wish I saw this in the cinema now - it was a 2006 film. I suppose the anti-war message was the reason why I'm only hearing about this movie now. The thing I like about WW1 movies in general is since America and Hitler are out of the picture it is still seen as the tragic massacre it deserves to be remembered as. You instantly know there's a better chance of a WW1 movie having far less pro-war jingoistic glamourised distortion than a typical WW2 movie.

It also shows both the incredibly divisive, corrupt power of organised religion and at the same time the unifying and healing power of a devout faith.

My favourite thing is how it demonstrates the power of music. Without the music the soldiers would never have started to melt the propaganda and begin to humanise their 'enemies' and start their little festival in the trenches.

Hunt it down, watch it!

Edited by Purple Monkey

Watched a film called Joyeax Noel last night. It's about the ceasefire between Scottish/French and German regiments in the trenches that happened at a Christmas during WW1 where they all dropped their guns, played music and football together and gave each other Christmas presents. It's multi-lingual with French German and English holding equal footing and I loved how the line was drawn right down the centre giving all sides equal screen time.

It has a few recognisable faces in it. Tarantino must have seen this movie because he cast the main German character in this as the young German hero/actor in Inglorious Basterds, while Diane Kruger plays a glamourous German lady similar to the spy she plays in Inglorious Basterds. Evil Trevor from Eastenders plays the main Scottish guy. It's very well put together and I wish I saw this in the cinema now - it was a 2006 film. I suppose the anti-war message was the reason why I'm only hearing about this movie now. The thing I like about WW1 movies in general is since America and Hitler are out of the picture it is still seen as the tragic massacre it deserves to be remembered as. You instantly know there's a better chance of a WW1 movie having far less pro-war jingoistic glamourised distortion than a typical WW2 movie.

It also shows both the incredibly divisive, corrupt power of organised religion and at the same time the unifying and healing power of a devout faith.

My favourite thing is how it demonstrates the power of music. Without the music the soldiers would never have started to melt the propaganda and begin to humanise their 'enemies' and start their little festival in the trenches.

Hunt it down, watch it!