Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't anyone else feel intellectually emasculated by discussing the individual merits of virtually-identical sex-fetishist vigilante Republican masturbatory dream-fodder?

About six years ago the major studios decided to pull funding on most $20-60m adult-minded films, concentrating mainly on cheap romantic or teen comedies and huge superhero action flicks. And you know what? We lapped it up and I mean absolutely lapped it up, said "thank you", and asked for seconds.

I didn't say rom coms and teen coms started six years ago. I said six years ago studios decided to make them, and superhero films, the vast majority of their investment, at the cost of mid-budget think pieces.

Edited by jump

Spidey Spoilers about end of the movie....

I have a couple of theories on who the man in the cell at the end was:

Not Norman Osborne - too obvious.

Not Otto Octavius - too out of character.

Not Mysterio or The Spot - too random.

Miles Warren (The Jackal) makes sense. He clones Spider-Man using some blood left after one of his fights. There's a sequence dedicated to Spider-Man getting shot in the leg and it focuses on a bloody hand print he leaves on the wall. The lingering shot to me indicated it has importance. It also makes sense that Warren is above Conners and the kind of character who would have been instrumental in getting Peters parents killed.

So, next villain could be The Scorpion, then, since in the Ultimate comic line Scorpion is a clone of Peter. It would be great to see Andrew Garfield playing both hero and villain.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Just taken the lad and his mate to see spiderman, they both loved it, but they are 8. I thought it was good but fairly unnecessary tbh. It's not a massive amount different to the first one with Toby whatshisface as spidey tbh.

I'm not a comic book geek at all, so have no real preference as to the whole web shooter debate etc, it was good, but not great. I thought the lizard was a bit crappy, and the cgi looked seriously unbelievable in the most part.

I'd give it a 7/10, good but not "amazing" - pun intended.

Eventually got to see Prometheus yesterday. I enjoyed it! Though I went in ready for disappointment and I certainly didn't go in thinking I'd like it as much as I like Alien which helped I think. I wasn't disappointed, and I don't like it nearly as much as I love Alien, so yeah, it was good. Fassbender's the man.

Really hoping to see Spider-Man this week. Glad to see most of you on here enjoyed it :)

Edited by G-Stud

The early screener reviews of Dark Knight Rises are coming in where it got a standing ovation and apparently it's the best of the 3, Bane's voice has been fixed, the film is huge in scale, there's heavy talk of it being an Oscar winner, Batman is only a character in it overall rather than the star and the ending is shocking but genius.

i hope you are right, nut the cynic in me doesnt see it that way. the dark knight isnt as good as everyone gushes that it is. its an ok film, but half an hour too long. i'll be there at the cinema pretty close to release, (i think im on holiday when it comes out)

i just finally watched kermodes review of spidey on youtube, and he has it absolutely bang on for me. thats probably why i trust him so much.

Edited by t8yman

i hope you are right, nut the cynic in me doesnt see it that way. the dark knight isnt as good as everyone gushes that it is. its an ok film, but half an hour too long. i'll be there at the cinema pretty close to release, (i think im on holiday when it comes out)

i just finally watched kermodes review of spidey on youtube, and he has it absolutely bang on for me. thats probably why i trust him so much.

Yeah, agreed. I think it's a shame that it's come out so soon after Raimi's. That's the only problem with it.

If it had come out without the Raimi ones coming before it, it would be considered to be one of the best superhero flicks. For me it's the Spidey film the Raimi one should have been, the one I wanted but didn't get the first time.