Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Paranormal Activity 3, decent enough and a good watch but I'm getting so bored of these films now.

Pixar has announced Finding Nemo 2. What has happened to them that they have started churning sequel after sequel?

Edited by jump

I suspect I will find Dark Knight Rises amazing at the cinema. Absolutely stunning. Just like I did with his other films: Inception, Prestige and the other Batman movies.

Then I'll get it on Blu-ray and find them rather great films.

Then after a while I'll realise they were really good, with excellent moments, but not without a few flaws.

All Nolan movies are best viewed on a massive screen. I reckon I'll come out of the cinema feeling like I've just been on the best roller-coaster while not having my intelligence insulted. That's what Nolan does best I think. Since I'm easily swept up by the cinema experience my judgement kind of goes out of the window a bit until I'm able to view it objectively at home.

Dark Knight has a few moments where I wish they just had the balls to cut. The scene with the boats actually annoys me now, it's just a typical load of Hollywood bunk where the "people" rally together to gang up on the villain. Every Spider-Man movie including the new one has a moment like this and it's vomit-inducing every time and rips me right out of the movie. It doesn't have to be realistic but shit like this is incongruous bullshit that shatters the fiction. Bale's voice is ridiculous in Dark Knight too and some of his wisecracks make me want to curl up and die ("I'm not wearring Hockey Pads"). His final speech to the Joker about people being good and not as crooked as him is supposed to sound pained and laboured but he just sounds like Napoleon Dynamite with chronic asthma. The bit where Batman does a flip on the bike is a total "What the fuck?" moment. He would be dead, I know he's Batman, but again that stunt is stupid and fiction-breaking. Comparatively the first movie has fewer of these which is why despite Ledgers inspired performance I prefer Batman & Biggins, even with the hokey microwave cartoon villain plot. When I first saw The Dark Knight I thought it was the best thing ever. Saying that I still enjoy it, and the great bits are really fucking great.

I hope to God this movie gets to the end without the "people" helping Batman out in some stupid manner.

Edited by Purple Monkey