Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Batman last night and I really enjoyed it. It's more like the 1st film than the 2nd, it's too long but unlike Dark Knight the scenes are different enough to warrant it, Catwoman is easilly the best thing in it, I don't see it winning an Oscar (unless it's like Lord Of The Rings where they give to the last film but it's really for all 3), the Bruce & Alfred scenes are really good, I saw all the plot twitsts coming, Marion Cotillard is shit in it and my main complaint is the ending. The end of the action bit is anti-climatic (tho there's a great bit between Batman & Gordon) and the end of the series bit is lame & cliche, I was expecting something brilliant and was the main reason I wanted to see it.

Really enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises. I actually think it should have been longer. To give us some more back story on some of the other characters. Hopefully Nolan brings it the full 4 hour cut on the Blu-ray release. To me the film only felt about 2 hrs 10 long. I must have been so engrossed in it haha. The casting by Nolan was just amazing, Tom Hardy was superb and I was skeptical about Catwoman even being in it when it was first announced but she was awesome. I won't say too much because don't want to spoil anything for everyone who hasn't seen it yet but I absolutely loved the ending. Can't think of a better way to end the trilogy.

I am know looking forward to seeing what Nolan is going to do next....

I suspect I will find Dark Knight Rises amazing at the cinema. Absolutely stunning. Just like I did with his other films: Inception, Prestige and the other Batman movies. Then after a while I'll realise they were really good, with excellent moments, but not without a few flaws.

He reminded me of a Bond villian most of the time but I did enjoy him up untill the end where he's revealed as a puppet baddie and is so easily beaten. His fight scenes should of been even more brutal tbh, like in the Rocky flicks which are just slug fests.

Edited by The Nal

Really pissed off he was killed so easily! Like a henchman in an Austin Powers movie.

And having had a further think about it, the music is awful. Not unusual for Nolan movies. The script/dialogue is terrible too, as is the final fight scene with Batman/Bane. Average movie overall. Very average.