Films

Guest razz1e

Just watched The Descendants, which I found really enjoyable. Off to see Dark Knight Rises on Thursday with my eldest son for his birthday, all the more sweeter as he has paid for the tickets. However it is in Birmingham and I have to stump up the £25 train fare which is extremely inconvenient, and just plain inconsiderate of him.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not seen it yet as I am still in Portugal, returning Friday. I'm looking forward to it but seeing as I didn't w*nk all over the dark knight, I'm not expecting too much. I'm sure it will be good, and it will be a rare cinema attendance for me, but as I say, I'm braced for it not living up to the hype in the slightest.

It is people like you that is what is wrong with the world. Some things should be just left well alone

I remember seeing this when it first came out on Betamax (boy was that a bad investment). At the time it was truely spine chilling. I had the misfortune to watch the remake, which is basically just the same film but shit (see comment above)

Just watched V/H/S

Fairly standard found footage horror, but with a couple of nice twists on the cliches. Overall worth a watch, but don't buy the inevitable incoming hype that will surround its undoubted Halloween release.

I would say that maybe 2 of the "tapes" were scary/enjoyable.

oh, and I watched The Raid : Redemption yesterday too. fucking brilliant. I watched the dubbed version, normally I would watch it with the original language, and subtitles, but tbh what little dialogue there is is bollocks anyway. its all about the scrapping and the guns. I would say it is the "Crouching tiger hidden dragon" of brutal scrapping and shooting films. the fight choreography is like nothing I have ever seen before. its truly amazing.