Films

Guest razz1e

keep hearing nothing but good things about role models, will have to give it a go before it stopped getting shown at the cinema.

Saw swordfish for the first time today, not too shabby, and it featured halle's berry's (grammar police can f**k right off, it's called a pun! ), always a bonus :D

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the oscar noms are in; interesting to see dark knight's been snubbed from all the major ones bar best supporting actor. Still got 8 nominations but mainly technical.

Big leaders are Curious Case of Benjamin Button (13 noms) & Slumdog Millionaire (10). Other strong candidates are milk (8), Wall-e (6), the reader (5), frost/nixon (5) and doubt (5, of which 4 are in the acting categories).

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2009/oscars

Otherwise watched the wrestler and gran torino tonight. enjoyed both; the wrestler's tone makes it a pretty uncomfortable watch but gripping nonetheless and aronofsky does an excellent job with what appears at first to be a pretty cliched plot.

(fallen hero comes back for one last fight, estranged daughter etc)

Gone Baby Gone.

Pretty good. Ben Affleck is a better director than he is an actor. Not hard though.

Can see why it's release was delayed in th UK .Story is very different, but the resemblance between Maddie Mcann and the girl in this is uncanny.

And for anyone who's seen it, what would you have done?

I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was the best thing I've seen or anything but it was a good enough watch, and definitely one of the better comic book adaptations.

My suprise was at it's ommitence from best picture, given the fan/critic acclaim. It's ranked #5 on the imdb top movies of all time, 94% on rotten tomatoes etc, not saying it would've won, but surprised it wasn't nominated.

Well, firstly I found it lacking in style, so we'd have to get to the bottom of that subjectivity. What do you think is stylish? I thought it used boy toys too much. Same with exciting? I found it obvious. And I didn't lose attention, but that's only because I have an almost limitless attention span even for things that do not entertain me.