Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched Horton hears a who! last night :ph34r: it was cheap at work so i bought it

my favourite line in it is: "and they poo butterflies!!" ;);) im so childish!!

i didnt think i would like it but i did....found myself laughing really loud at bits!

It was definitely about 7,5284 times better than The Cat in the Hat.

watched i am legend last night. didn't expect to enjoy it, but i just had to see it. i found it a lot scarier than 28 days later. but there were loads of things that annoyed me because they didn't make sense. like when the infected people

were in will smith's house, there was light in the house! so how did they survive? and how did they get in through those giant metal doors he had all over the place? and when he was in the lab with that woman and her wee boy, and he put them into a wee shelter thingy, why didn't he just get in it aswell and throw the grenade then shut the door?

It might be the case that Italian Americans do pronounce Italian words like that, but to my ear it sounds very odd - specifically dropping the vowels off the end of words. Mellanzane is pronounced on that show as Mellanzan. Regardless of the fact it's highly offensive in certain contexts, it's the pronunciation that really gets to me. Interestingly when they were singing, the pronounciation was fine.

* shrugs *

its simply not oscar worthy, and ledger wouldnt have been nominated if he wasnt dead.

dont get me wrong, its a good popcorn movie. we had this debate when it came out, and basically all the batman fanboys said it was the best film evaaaar and all the non fanboys thought it was OK. my +1 above was a bit throwaway really, I enjoyed it but thought it was too long and certainly wouldnt want to sit through it again. I enjoyed transformers more.

Watched Hard Candy for the second time t'other night.

One of the best films of the last 10 years for me. Incredible level of tension throughout and superb acting from the two leads who have to hold the entire film by themselves practically.