Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched V For Vendetta for the first time last night...stumped up a frankly massive (in hindsight) 4 pounds to buy it after being very impressed with the comic after i picked that up a month a go...

They ruined it so bad it made me want to hurl things at the TV...they just sucked all the darkness and dread out of the comic...made the oppressive fachists into loveable rouges and the man driven to insanity by chemical testing during a holocaust turned into yet another lovable rogue...

And don't get me started on Natalie Portman...worst acting ever. I can only assume the only reason i thought she was alright in films was cause she was so silent in Episode 1...

jesus, what a waste of time...i advise anyone to stear clear if they haven't seen it...

Well I'm not familiar! :angry:

I was expecting it to be confusing, but I'm still trying to work it out 24 hours later, mabye thats whats meant to happen. Gonna borrow the dvd off a pal to watch it the "right way", just so I can go "aaaaaah, riiiiiiight!"

Saw Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist at the weekend and loved it. I thought the two main characters were great (especially Michael Cera who I love) and had a really good chemistry, and the supporting cast of their friends were also very funny. Definitely recommend!

Also watched half of The Rise of the Foot Soldier last night and thought it was terrible. I gave up halfway through and my boyfriend also got bored about half an hour later. All it seemed to be was blokes either fighting, torturing or murdering...there wasn't actually any other storyline and it got tired very quickly.

Next on the list to see is Benjamin Button

It's been mentioned on here before, but like an idiot, I rented Star Wars: The Clone Wars last week.

F**k me, that was possibly the biggest pile of dog semen I have ever seen.

I love Star Wars. I even liked Episode One (the pod race and Darth Maul were worth it), and can therefore forgive Lucas for Jar Jar Binks. But I cannot forgive him for Ahsoka. They could not have possibly made her more annoying (save for attaching a 'Bratz' bandanna and matching Man Utd top on her with 'Beckham 7' on the back).

The plot - shite. Confirmed with the inclusion of Jabba The Hutt, who seems to be the symptom for 'new' Star Wars plots when they KNOW the storyline is shite (Episode One had a shit plot - let's be frank here). But then they go one step further and introduce Jabba's baby son. And make him 'cute'. Barf, barf, barf.

Chancellor Palpatine looked like Kenneth Williams with anorexia and therefore about as evil as Barney the dinosaur.

Obi-Wan's hair looked fresh out of Madagascar.

That wasn't Count Dooku - that was Burt Reynolds with a hood.

Anakin looked like the annoying spotty twat who serves the cold meat pie down the Molineux.

Yoda looked like my plastic Yoda toy I had when I was seven - AFTER I left it down the side of the radiator for 3 days.

WHY f**k around with the iconic titles at the start? I don't want a patronising voice-over.

Yes, it was for the kids, yadder yadder yadder. But come on - this is Star Wars, and any other self-confessed Star Wars nerd is going to want to see what it's all about. Just because it was animated doesn't mean it had to be that SHITE. All the original Star Wars films are classified 'U'. Aren't they suitable for kids?!?!?

Total f**king gutless shite from everyone involved in that purtid cess pool of a film.

I haven't put any of this in spoiler tags, as I really hope anyone who is thinking about watching it WILL be put off by reading my thoughts. It's CRAP - don't do it. It's 90 minutes long. Eat some lentils and spend that 90 minutes having a satisfying dump instead. It will be a much better use of your time.

It's been mentioned on here before, but like an idiot, I rented Star Wars: The Clone Wars last week.

F**k me, that was possibly the biggest pile of dog semen I have ever seen.

I love Star Wars. I even liked Episode One (the pod race and Darth Maul were worth it), and can therefore forgive Lucas for Jar Jar Binks. But I cannot forgive him for Ahsoka. They could not have possibly made her more annoying (save for attaching a 'Bratz' bandanna and matching Man Utd top on her with 'Beckham 7' on the back).

The plot - shite. Confirmed with the inclusion of Jabba The Hutt, who seems to be the symptom for 'new' Star Wars plots when they KNOW the storyline is shite (Episode One had a shit plot - let's be frank here). But then they go one step further and introduce Jabba's baby son. And make him 'cute'. Barf, barf, barf.

Chancellor Palpatine looked like Kenneth Williams with anorexia and therefore about as evil as Barney the dinosaur.

Obi-Wan's hair looked fresh out of Madagascar.

That wasn't Count Dooku - that was Burt Reynolds with a hood.

Anakin looked like the annoying spotty twat who serves the cold meat pie down the Molineux.

Yoda looked like my plastic Yoda toy I had when I was seven - AFTER I left it down the side of the radiator for 3 days.

WHY f**k around with the iconic titles at the start? I don't want a patronising voice-over.

Yes, it was for the kids, yadder yadder yadder. But come on - this is Star Wars, and any other self-confessed Star Wars nerd is going to want to see what it's all about. Just because it was animated doesn't mean it had to be that SHITE. All the original Star Wars films are classified 'U'. Aren't they suitable for kids?!?!?

Total f**king gutless shite from everyone involved in that purtid cess pool of a film.

I haven't put any of this in spoiler tags, as I really hope anyone who is thinking about watching it WILL be put off by reading my thoughts. It's CRAP - don't do it. It's 90 minutes long. Eat some lentils and spend that 90 minutes having a satisfying dump instead. It will be a much better use of your time.

Edited by pinback