Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

curious case of benjamin button

WOW

no idea why there are so many bad reviews of this, i loved it B)

forest gump + big fish is the best way to describe it, really nice little story and never gets too outlandish. Really well shot, and considering its almost three hours long it never seemed to drag

watch ittttt

Edited by nightcrawler13

watched slumdog last night and thought it was excellent. 8.5/10

Also watched a film called "the escapist". It's a prison escape movie, with brian cox (manhunter, bourne), damien lewis (band of brothers), seu jorge (city of god, life aquatic), dominic cooper (history boys, starter for 10) & joseph fiennes.

Easily one of the best british movies I've seen in a long time, and well worth a watch.

8/10

Really? Well its only February

However, I thought it was rather boring and dull. It didn't really go anywhere. I watched the whole movie because I thought that something exciting or profound or clever was going to happen, but it didn't, it was just 2.5 hours of bland nothing, especially the acting.

Watch it only if you have nothing else to watch

Edited by worm

It's nothing like Forrest Gump, other than a biography. It is 100% lacking any humour, confused as to its morality tale, if it actually has one. I haven't seen a film that takes itself so seriously for years and then completely fails.

The only redeeming feature is that at times there is some good camera work and lighting

The first thing i thought of when i watched benjamin button was forrest gump, it's very similar imo.

I'm sure i read somewhere it was by the same guy who did forrest gump?

which sounds like forrest gump to me?

I wont mention it again, because I could be miles wide of the mark, but I hated gump with a passion - and I just have a feeling button is going to leave me feeling exactly the same.

twee sentimentality with acting that people perceive as good when really it isn't.

St Trinians - I surprised myself by actually liking this. I only watched it for a laugh because Russell Brand is in it :D it's cheesy and predictable but I love the whole group thing it portrays, with chavs and emos and posh totty etc.

Over The Hedge - just another 'we're all a bunch of cute animals who shouldn't get along together but do in the end' disney movie. It was good Sunday morning still dressed in your pj's viewing.

I wont mention it again, because I could be miles wide of the mark, but I hated gump with a passion - and I just have a feeling button is going to leave me feeling exactly the same.
Edited by sifimaster