Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to watch either the wrestler or the curious case of benjamin button tonight i want to see if all the fuss about Micky Rourke in the wrestler is justified, it's going to take something to beat Sean Penns Performance in Milk.

without wanting to jump to conclusions too much it seems to me Rourke is more or less playing a kinda semi biographical role in so much as he's a broke down old has been where as Penn's portrayal of Harvey Milk really does make you forget it's Sean Penn and probably couldn't get further away from Penn himself as a person.

but I'll guess I'll just have to see, The Wrestler it is! ;)

well i just watched the wrestler and rourke does deserve all the plaudits he is getting but we've always known he can be a great actor and it still felt like art imitating life and i never once forgot the fact that it was mickey rourke there in front of me and i couldn't help but draw comparisons with his career and that of the wrestler he was playing and for me that kinda detracted from it all for me.

i would still prefer Sean Penn to win the best actor Oscar for Milk but wont be moaning if Rourke does win it, but it seems if he does it wont be for the performance alone more the fairytale story of Rourke's career.

Edited by .jay.

Crash - I cried.

Now I was feeling slightly emotional anyway but I think it was the music or something, I dunno, it set me off when

the woman who'd been sexually mollested by the policeman was stuck in the car with only him to help her and I didn't really stop until the bloke with the gun thinking the little girl was an angel and then I started again when the young copper shot the bloke he was giving a lift to.

Edited by Katster