Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my housemates are off to watch 'He's just not that into you' tonight. When they saw it was being shown here they got very excited. I tried pointing out that it's a steaming pile of shit, geting some of the worse reviews possible and scoring something like 9% on RT (maybe not 9 but very very low) and my intelligent (or so I though) housemates response

"yeah but its got loads of famous people in it".

I just dont get people sometimes.

Two of my housemates are off to watch 'He's just not that into you' tonight. When they saw it was being shown here they got very excited. I tried pointing out that it's a steaming pile of shit, geting some of the worse reviews possible and scoring something like 9% on RT (maybe not 9 but very very low) and my intelligent (or so I though) housemates response

"yeah but its got loads of famous people in it".

I just dont get people sometimes.

desperately want to see this film, as I loved "The Thick Of It", but as usual all the c**ting cinemas in Hull have decied not to show it (w*nkers).

nearest one is york - over 40 miles away.

and the case for piracy strengthens.

I really want to see 'Good' and 'In The Loop' when they're available. Both sound great, with really good reviews. Of course this will mean nothing to those whose film diet consists of Transformers and other films aimed mostly at retards and babies.

It'll take some EFFORT getting anyone to go with me to the cinema to go see them, though so looks like the only person who may be interested will be the girlfriend, because a) they're films that probably won't have any dick jokes and/or explosions and b ) I'm fed up trying to convince stubborn people to do something that I want to do.

Edited by Purple Monkey

I really want to see 'Good' and 'In The Loop' when they're available. Both sound great, with really good reviews. Of course this will mean nothing to those whose film diet consists of Transformers and other films aimed mostly at retards and babies.

It'll take some EFFORT getting anyone to go with me to the cinema to go see them, though so looks like the only person who may be interested will be the girlfriend, because a) they're films that probably won't have any dick jokes and/or explosions and b ) I'm fed up trying to convince stubborn people to do something that I want to do.

American (if it is indeed American) re-makes of European films generally are. I hated what they did to Nikita. It still makes me angry to this day.

Having said that, I'll watch State of Play. I loved the original BBC series. I'm a bit worried how they'll fit a seven hour long series into a two hour film mind.

Edited by sifimaster