Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello - not sure if anybody has seen or wants to see Coraline - I have already seen it but we liked it so much we want to go again to see it in 3D - now my question is - whats 3D like these days has it improved much? because if its still as bad as ever I would prefer to just see it again normally - Just checked where they are doing it and cant believe the price ranges with the same cinema groups for instance Odeon closest being £38.40 for 4 then slightly further away £32.60 and then the furthest away a 45 min drive £23.00. How can they justify the different pricing structure ?? I see that the last one does seem to be a small theatre but still?? that doesn't worry me just the journey time. Typical the dearest is the closest!

Film rated pg but have to say we have scared the pants off a couple of 9 year olds ours bizarrely loved it even wants the doll!

Hello - not sure if anybody has seen or wants to see Coraline - I have already seen it but we liked it so much we want to go again to see it in 3D - now my question is - whats 3D like these days has it improved much? because if its still as bad as ever I would prefer to just see it again normally - Just checked where they are doing it and cant believe the price ranges with the same cinema groups for instance Odeon closest being £38.40 for 4 then slightly further away £32.60 and then the furthest away a 45 min drive £23.00. How can they justify the different pricing structure ?? I see that the last one does seem to be a small theatre but still?? that doesn't worry me just the journey time. Typical the dearest is the closest!

Film rated pg but have to say we have scared the pants off a couple of 9 year olds ours bizarrely loved it even wants the doll!

Edited by Purple Monkey

I saw Monsters v Aliens in 3d. No doubt it has improved. For the wmost part it as as Purple Monkey said it should be, and just gave it an added dimension (obviously) and made it more immersive. There were still a few 'poking things out of the screen' moments which were just annoying and showing off, but thankfully not too many in that film. And while it has improved, its still not perfect, and according to this it never will be.

My eyes hurt after it and were really watering.

Defiance-about Jewish brothers who escape into the woods and hide out for 3 years leading people who've escaped the Nazis in Belorussia. 1200 survived. One of those annoying films which takes an amazing story and turns it into a rubbish film. Cliche after cliche

Edited by spammachine

I saw wolverine yesterday, and whilst it wasn't the trainwreck that spiderman 3 was, it was still a huge let down. One or two scenes were great, but the rest seemed pretty poor. Some of the character development was so basic that it seemed to have been written by a pre-teen.

The film had a lot of potential but sadly it didn't meet any of it. It was simply "ok".

I watched the Baader-Meinhof Complex this afternoon, and whilst "enjoyable" is perhaps the wrong word to use, it really caught my attention. I feel the need to watch it again after I've read up more about them.

The film charts the rise and fall of the Red Army Faction "terrorist" group in 60's and 70s Germany.

The pacing does seem off in places, and while the start and fall of the group is well charted, their rise to prominence is perhaps neglected.

If you like a film about politics, and don't mind subtitles, it's definitely worth watching.

I watched Gomorrah last night, it's a film about the Camorra criminal organisation in the Naples area of Italy.

A very good film - although I think many will be put off because it is subtitled, and because the film reaches no resolution: It's simply a snapshot of daily life containing 5 stories. Detailing how the "actors" lives are altered by the presence of the Camorra; ultimately showing how ingrained the Camorra are in their society.

Edited by spammachine

OK, Wolverine.

Stop posing FFS. Why does everything in the film have to be a money shot of some sort? Here's Wolverine posing in this way, here he is doing it again, and again, and again. Super hero posing nancy boy looking more like a NEXT catalog model and pulling of the cheesiest action scenes this side of Steven Seagal. And posing some more. Even when he kills people or does a jump or gets hit against a wall or holding someone as they die, he's posturring. And all the cast do it, for the entire duration of the film. They're all at it.

The X-Men films remind me of the first run of Batman movies, started out well with a decent director but fell at the third and never got up. Or the Pierce Brosnan-era of Bond films. Same mistakes, same old Hollywood shit.

First came Batman & Robin, then Die Another Day, and now Wolverine.

I mean, just look:

wolverine_poster.jpg

Gaaaaaaaay.

Edited by Purple Monkey

OK, Wolverine.

Stop posing FFS. Why does everything in the film have to be a money shot of some sort? Here's Wolverine posing in this way, here he is doing it again, and again, and again. Super hero posing nancy boy looking more like a NEXT catalog model and pulling of the cheesiest action scenes this side of Steven Seagal. And posing some more. Even when he kills people or does a jump or gets hit against a wall or holding someone as they die, he's posturring. And all the cast do it, for the entire duration of the film. They're all at it.

The X-Men films remind me of the first run of Batman movies, started out well with a decent director but fell at the third and never got up. Or the Pierce Brosnan-era of Bond films. Same mistakes, same old Hollywood shit.

First came Batman & Robin, then Die Another Day, and now Wolverine.

I mean, just look:

wolverine_poster.jpg

Gaaaaaaaay.