Films

Guest razz1e

Taken with Liam Neeson? If so, I thought it was great too. I love a good action film (i.e. shooter etc). I saw Death Race a few weeks back (virgin on demand ftw) and found myself enjoying it too!

Have you booked the iMax? I tried going there a few weeks back (Brum) and the queues were obscene. It seems they're a popular place - so best to book and arrive early to pickup tickets and get good seats.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let The Right one in is fantastic, very thought provoking.

Anyone else think

Eli was just grooming oskar so he would become the next Hakan-like figure in her "life"? And perhaps Hakan was groomed by Eli as a child, in order to help her? He certainly showed love for her in offering his own life to quench her thirst so to speak.

furthermore, could it also hark back to the title, as Eli "lets the right one" in to her life? Mabyehmmm.

Anyone else think

Eli was just grooming oskar so he would become the next Hakan-like figure in her "life"? And perhaps Hakan was groomed by Eli as a child, in order to help her? He certainly showed love for her in offering his own life to quench her thirst so to speak.

furthermore, could it also hark back to the title, as Eli "lets the right one" in to her life? Mabyehmmm.

Star Trek was ok. I probably would have liked it a lot more if it had taken itself, and Cap. Kirk a lot more seriously, Spock was awesome, both

young and old

, but the scenes with Kirk particularly seemed a bit slapstick. I did laugh at the gags, but I would rather have seen a more serious tone.

And that dude in the Red Suit flying down to Vulcan really really annoyed me. Why didn't he open his fulcan parachute sooner. it really annoys me when people make rookie mistakes like that

Edited by Purple Monkey

Anyone else think

Absolutley fantastic film.

Loved it, breaths new life into the franchise. I thought the casting was spot on, and importantly for a big blockbuster release i thought that it was just the right length too.

Far too many 'big' films come out these days with a 3 hour length.

And now they have disrupted the time line and nothing is as it was in the history of Star Trek, it means they can basically start the story all over again with the new cast if they want

Haha, yea its never going to stop getting responses like that. But what can i say, my dad loved star trek back in the day so i kind of grew up with it.

I challenge anyone to watch the latest film with an open mind and tell me it was terrible