Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that have written off Star Trek before they've seen it - how do you even know that when you haven't even seen it?

It's just an entertaining film. That's all it is. All of this talk about liking previous Star trek is irrelevant really, as is the discussion as to whther or not it's sci-fi or not. It's pathetic. It's just a good movie, well put together and just a bit of fun that isn't insulting.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Cannes film festival starts tomorrow, right? Anyone looking forward to anything in particular? Some pretty heavy weight directors this year. I'll admit I'm looking forward to seeing Inglorious Basterds, it'll be interesting to see what Tarantino does with the setting if he makes any sort of statement with the film.

Absolutley fantastic film.

Loved it, breaths new life into the franchise. I thought the casting was spot on, and importantly for a big blockbuster release i thought that it was just the right length too.

Far too many 'big' films come out these days with a 3 hour length.

And now they have disrupted the time line and nothing is as it was in the history of Star Trek, it means they can basically start the story all over again with the new cast if they want

It's a bit less ... technical... than most people expect it to be.

My sister saw it in Aberystwyth and apparently it got a round of applause...

It's a fantastic film!

It seems his unit was involved in experimental drug trials to increase fighting output (the drug was codename "The Ladder" - which was coined to describe it's effects). Right at the end it is revealed that Jacob never left Nam.

The drug trial went bad, his unit attacked and killed each other.

The entire film was a product of his dying mind and the effects of the drug. As the film progresses his "life" and experiences become increasingly disjointed - I guess as he nears his final moments. At the end, he finds peace (dies).

Wolverine, just another OKish action film.

Quite a bit of it was filmed where I live. I can see "The Canadian Rockies" (they cheated, it wasn't filmed in Canada) through my lounge window. In fact that scene of his cabin on the hill, with The Rockies behind is pretty much the view from my house.

Edited by philipsteak

Wolverine, just another OKish action film.

Quite a bit of it was filmed where I live. I can see "The Canadian Rockies" (they cheated, it wasn't filmed in Canada) through my lounge window. In fact that scene of his house on the hill, with The Rockies behind is pretty much the view from my house.