Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up from me. I have seen it twice now, once on the iMax and on a normal screen. When the biggies come out (Star Wars etc) I like to see them twice. I really can see a different take on this franchise.

Transformers 2 out soon....

I'll get my coat.

Edited by spammachine

transformers 2 is gonna be the f**king dogs. have you seen the hidef second trailer? the one where she is bent over that bike with a wrench? f**k me that film is going to rock. robots, explosions and Megan Fox? even Shia LaBeouf cant f**k that up.

I am more over excited about Terminator Salvation then I have ever been about any film ever! T3 needs to be made up for and the Bale rarely lets us down (*cough* Reign of Fire, Harsh Times *cough*)

The IMDB rating is pretty high, but a lot of the reviews aren't all that positive (though it still has high star ratings...)

I can't remember if I have mentioned a French film called Jeux D'enfants (or in England - Love me if you dare) on here before. I watched it again the other day - it truly is my favourite film ever - so funny and inventive. I would recommend it to all, though if you acquire it through other means that aren't quite DVD then pm me for subtitles because I have, after a long time searching, found some that do the superb writing of the film justice.

Also, it has Marion Cotillard in it and she is marvelous!

And T2.

I'm seeing this as the sequel. There should have been no bullshit inbetween. From one world to the next - how it should have been. Need the contrast. I like the sinister element kept from the image seen in the first.

Terminator 4 will be passable Hollywood fodder, nowt else, I'm sure.

I'll go see it, but I reckon it'll be 90% explosions with about 10 minutes worth of actual plot and character development, with a good deal of the films mystery and intrigue given away in the trailer.

It can't be any worse than T3 but I really, really doubt it'll be anywhere near the level of T1 or even T2.

I bet they'll have Arnie in there somewhere, all CGI-ed up or something lame. Like when they shoehorned the Falcon and Chewbacca into Star Wars Episode III, which fanboys loved for about ten seconds before realising how stupid it was. And a bunch of other cheesy references and shitty one-liners which will make fans all giddy with nostalgia before realising they've actually been duped out of a decent sequel yet again.

I'd actually bet a lot of money on me being right on this one. It's just another soul-less, machine-like franchise, assimilated into the Hollywood collective, I bet James Cameron laps up that irony as he cries to sleep at night.

And I'll still go watch it, just like I went to watch all of the Star Wars prequels KNOWING that they would be shit, because I'm a f*cking retard like everyone else. I just want to see things explode an' that.

Edited by Purple Monkey