Films

Guest razz1e

Just been to see 'Looking For Eric' (I think it's called)

Excellent new Loach film, funny, moving and ....wait for it...

uplifting.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Boys 2: hooked me in by playing Airbourne's "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" over the opening credits. Was mildly entertaining, but the ending was a bit gash 5/10

My Name Is Bruce - F*cking hilarious! Bruce Campbell is a legend 8/10

Lost Boys 2 upset my sense of happiness and wellbeing. I'm pretty sure a third is in the pipeline as well - Corey Feldman has something to do with the funding so he can be blamed! I love Lost Boys - it's one of the coolest, most timeless films ever and the second one was just... pish.

Lost Boys 2 came out last year or maybe 07.

Near Dark is the best serious attempt at the Vampire film I've seen. But that's not saying much. I've decided to title the chapters of my Vampire novel by the title of Vampire films. All very post modern.

p.s. Sifi, I caught the Milton programme. Was canny. He gave a very straight forward analysis. Mind, he put it all together very nicely.

Edited by sifimaster

Finally watched Let The Right One In.

Referring to a couple of pages back;

thought the title was in reference to either the old folklore (that caused her to bleed when she went into Oskars flat uninvited), or that its a reference to who Eli lets help her.

Apparently a lot of the 'riskier' elements of the book were cut out too, like the concept of a 200 year old and a 12 year old forming a relationship.

Finally watched Let The Right One In.

Referring to a couple of pages back;

thought the title was in reference to either the old folklore (that caused her to bleed when she went into Oskars flat uninvited), or that its a reference to who Eli lets help her.

Apparently a lot of the 'riskier' elements of the book were cut out too, like the concept of a 200 year old and a 12 year old forming a relationship.

Superb film. I'm not usually too big on vampire films, but this was excellent.

Coraline> Silly, probably good for tiddly winks.

A Life Less Ordinary> Silly, probably not good for tiddly winks.

The Tale of Despereaux> Great for tiddly winks, not bad for adults who are childish like me.

Freedomland> Predictable but good.