Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Harry Potter is really disappointing.

I'm not too happy with it, they really digress from the book

they also put in two completely random scenes. There is no mention of Bill and Fleur, they make too much of the relationships at the school, the girl who plays Lavender is ridiculously annoying! Also they don't show Dumbledore's funeral, and as far as I remember in the book, Bellatrix Lestrange ISN'T at Hogwarts!

in other words... they f**k up!!!

saw it today and wasn't impressed with it. The three main annoyances for me were:

They destroyed the burrow! Does a lot of the final book not take place there? Also stupid was the fact that nobody made mention of it throughout the rest of the bloody film!

Dumbeldore's hand in the book is described as being black, withered, dead looking etc. I was expecting a Jeremy Beadle size blackened useless hand. Instead it just looks like he's dipped his hand in soot

Greyback. He was shit. Did nothing at all! and there was no "Bill getting attacked scene" or not even any mention of the fact that he was the one who infected Lupin

Lame :O

The new Harry Potter is really disappointing.

I'm not too happy with it, they really digress from the book

they also put in two completely random scenes. There is no mention of Bill and Fleur, they make too much of the relationships at the school, the girl who plays Lavender is ridiculously annoying! Also they don't show Dumbledore's funeral, and as far as I remember in the book, Bellatrix Lestrange ISN'T at Hogwarts!

in other words... they f**k up!!!

Ended up going to see Bruno last night. It's not a great film, but it is so extreme and disgraceful that it makes it quite funny. It's cringe-worthy stuff, but I do have a lot of respect for Sacha Baron Cohen for making it, no one else could get away with it.

The rocking the cradle bit kept me laughing for about 5 minutes

36 Quai des Orfèvre - Crime thriller with Depardieu

Paris J'taime - Lots of mini films filmed in Paris, lots of different directors

Ne le dis à personne - Crime thriller

Une femme est une femme - Bit weird this one, comedy by Jean-Luc Godard but worth a watch.

Can someone recommend me a good French film? I am currently attempting to learn the language with some Michel Thomas cds, but I think watching films in French would help!

last one I saw was Man Bites Dog, it was amazing and dark and I loved it!

Can someone recommend me a good French film? I am currently attempting to learn the language with some Michel Thomas cds, but I think watching films in French would help!

last one I saw was Man Bites Dog, it was amazing and dark and I loved it!

Edited by sifimaster

I'm a big Luc Besson fan, so I'd suggest Subway and Nikita (his early films in French). Don't watch La Dernier Combat - not because it's not a grand film - it's got no talking in it. It's set in the future and the survivors of an unknown event which killed most people on the planet have lost their ability to speak. It also features fish. Which isn't that odd, other than it was raining fish. Madness French cinema ... got to love it!

Angela-A was quite good come to think of it. I've not seen that for ages.

You can't go wrong with the Taxi series of films - well, the first three anyhow, I've not seen the fourth one yet.

And I don't want to be pedantic, but I think Man Bites Dog was in fact a Belgian film :blink: