Films

Guest razz1e

i really enjoyed cloverfield! i saw it at the cinema which i think helped..

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got round to watching the Prestige last night. It was brilliant, apart from the end which was silly. I loved the duel between the two main protagonists, which was contrasted between that of Edison and Tesla, I thought Michael Caine stole the damn show and that Bowie / Gollum were are very cool distraction.

But the ending was just daft.

downloaded threads last night after having my memory jogged by charlie brooker, I know many on this board might never have even heard of it but here goes.

1984 and I was 13, I had a small 13" black and white (dial tuning) telly next to my bed, and this programme had a profound effect on me. I remember it being talked about on breakfast telly, and in the papers, and my parents absolutely forbid me from watching it. This was the first time I ever regret not doing as I was told.

Its based in sheffield, and depicts in a faux documentary style the outcome of a nuclear conflict, i remember watching it (and feeling very naughty watching it) and not being able to get the pictures (and the sounds) out of my head when I closed my eyes.

"Oh my god they've done it" still stays with me to this day.

I wont spoil anything, and I'm sure the older posters on here will remember it, it has been unofficially banned from ever being shown on the telly again.

what followed for me was approx 3 years of being absolutely terrified of a nuclear war happening, it was the 80's, so the climate was very different, but I was genuinely engulfed by this fear with every time something that could escalate was on the news.

if you can find it, grab it and watch it - an amazing piece of work from the BBC.

anyone else remember it?

Edited by the_frame

downloaded threads last night after having my memory jogged by charlie brooker, I know many on this board might never have even heard of it but here goes.

1984 and I was 13, I had a small 13" black and white (dial tuning) telly next to my bed, and this programme had a profound effect on me. I remember it being talked about on breakfast telly, and in the papers, and my parents absolutely forbid me from watching it. This was the first time I ever regret not doing as I was told.

Its based in sheffield, and depicts in a faux documentary style the outcome of a nuclear conflict, i remember watching it (and feeling very naughty watching it) and not being able to get the pictures (and the sounds) out of my head when I closed my eyes.

I wont spoil anything, and I'm sure the older posters on here will remember it, it has been unofficially banned from ever being shown on the telly again.

what followed for me was approx 3 years of being absolutely terrified of a nuclear war happening, it was the 80's, so the climate was very different, but I was genuinely engulfed by this fear with every time something that could escalate was on the news.

if you can find it, grab it and watch it - an amazing piece of work from the BBC.

anyone else remember it?

1984 and I was 13, I had a small 13" black and white (dial tuning) telly next to my bed, and this programme had a profound effect on me. I remember it being talked about on breakfast telly, and in the papers, and my parents absolutely forbid me from watching it. This was the first time I ever regreted not doing as I was told.

anyone else remember it?