Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watching Dark Knight, being a bit pedantic but...

*Fox passes Bruce the phone*

"whats this?"

"I had RND build it, sends out a high requency pulse, records the response time, for mapping an environment"

"sonar, just like a..."

Dolphin?

bats use echolocation :lol:

My mate Pete from uni has just started a film blog. His review of The Proposal is pretty funny. :)

http://filmshitstorm.blogspot.com/

GI Joe - The Rise Of Cobra was disappointing. I grew up on Action Force/Joe and was looking forward to this, but it's a bit of a mess.

The special effects are overly ambitious and as a result are quite poor.

I'm thinking the bit where they fly to the pit for the first time over the desert, and the battle of Paris.

GI Joe - The Rise Of Cobra was disappointing. I grew up on Action Force/Joe and was looking forward to this, but it's a bit of a mess.

The special effects are overly ambitious and as a result are quite poor.

I'm thinking the bit where they fly to the pit for the first time over the desert, and the battle of Paris.

It all looked unfinished just like the workprint copies you often see flying around.

The flashback scenes were pathetic. When I looked at the casting and

saw there was a young Snake Eyes and a young Storm Shadow I was pretty gutted. They could have quite easily gone the route of X-Men and had an Origins series wth loads of the characters (but not messed it up like Wolverine), especially these two chaps. Oh well. And in the comics, Zartan popped the Hard Master, not Storm Shadow.

Coraline, really quite strange, but good. Made by the same guy who did Nightmare before Christmas, from a book by Neil Gaiman (Stardust). Beautifully animated, and I'm guessing some parts would really scare kids. A couple of little uns sat near me had been dropped off by mum who was picking them up after. Either she hadn't checked out what the film was like or thought her kids could handle it. Bet the youngest had freaky dreams that night though.

The voice actors were all excellent too, particularly freaky little Dakota Fanning

Edited by philipsteak

Just booked my tickets to see inglorious basterds on sunday :ph34r:

Coraline, really quite strange, but good. Made by the same guy who did Nightmare before Christmas, from a book by Neil Gaiman (Stardust). Beautifully animated, and I'm guessing some parts would really scare kids. A couple of little uns sat near me had been dropped off by mum who was picking them up after. Either she hadn't checked out what the film was like or thought her kids could handle it. Bet the youngest had freaky dreams that night though.

The voice actors were all excellent too, particularly freaky little Dakota Fanning

I watched Coraline and really enjoyed it too. I would agree that it would be scary to kids. It scared me a bit. But us flame-haired love machines are like that.

Mind you, is it any scarier than something like Blink, the Doctor Who episode about statues? And aren't a lot of fairy-tales based on some fear anyhow? I think it's an old-fashioned fairly tale in essence.