Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went away last weekend and got through a few films. Annoyingly I got to watch all of the ones that I'd got out for the other half but only bits of the ones i'd got out for me as my little girl through a paddy in the middle of them :D Anyway...

Knowing: Ok, standard Nick Cage fare. I didn't mind the premice but could have been a lot better.

How to lose friends and alienate people: Romantic (apparently) Comedy (rarely). I hope Simon Pegg doesn't end up doing too many of these pieces of cr@p.

Che Part 1: Saw about the first hour and was really enjoying it. Benicio Del Toro is an awesome actor. Looking forward to seeing the rest and then Part 2 soon.

In The Loop: Only got to see about the first 30 mins of this but it was brilliantly funny. Lots of insults that I want to learn so that I can use them at work.

just reading the comments on imdb for grotesque

here

I'm glad the BBFC have refused it a certificate, there's no art in this, and it should not be encouraged. would everyone be shouting "nanny state" if the bbfc turned down August Underground's "Mordum" for a certificate? Somehow I dont think so, and grotesque sounds like it's cut from the same cloth.

Oldboy's one of my favourites; if you enjoyed that, well worth seeking out some of Park Chan-Wook's other films;

of the vengeance trilogy (of which Oldboy was the 2nd);

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance are both excellent.

and also JSA (Joint Security Area) is worth a watch.

no worries :D

south korea's produced some good stuff though; bong joon-ho's memories of murder is worth a watch aswell, as is the host which is quite fun.

brotherhood's alright, and shiri is okay.

if talking asian cinema as a whole, kurosawa (rashomon, seven samurai, ran, yojimbo etc), beat takeshi (hana bi, zatoichi), wong kar wai (chungking express, 2046) all worth a watch,infernal affairs is pretty good and battle royale's absolutely brilliant....everyone should watch battle royale if they haven't already.

no worries :D

south korea's produced some good stuff though; bong joon-ho's memories of murder is worth a watch aswell, as is the host which is quite fun.

brotherhood's alright, and shiri is okay.

if talking asian cinema as a whole, kurosawa (rashomon, seven samurai, ran, yojimbo etc), beat takeshi (hana bi, zatoichi), wong kar wai (chungking express, 2046) all worth a watch,infernal affairs is pretty good and battle royale's absolutely brilliant....everyone should watch battle royale if they haven't already.

Edited by worm

brother and brotherhood are different

brother is the beat takeshi one where he's a yakuza in the states....brotherhood is a korean war movie. Both good movies.

...and agreed BR2 was shit.

Edited by worm