Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Clive Owen. I think he acts naturally and realistically for a British person in his films, which I think people wrongly mistake as being 'wooden' - check this out right, a lot of British people are 'wooden'. In fact, Clive Owen was perfect in Children Of Men, as his character called for that type of reserved, defeated character to be integral to the plot and what he eventually does.

Children Of Men has at least two rather stunning "Holy shit" moments. If you have any understanding of the technical prowess required in shooting some of the sequences in the film, your jaw will likley be on the floor a few times.

Anyway, check this out, Chris Nolan's new movie:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/24/mus...lans-inception/

Edited by Purple Monkey

just watched Home

french movie about a family that lives next to an unused highway, which then opens

the older daughter is HOT and half naked all the time

the son is hilarious

the parents are lovely

reminded me of that house with the highway built around it on the way from rochdale to leeds :lol:

tres bien ;)

Tavern scene for me too. excellently shot.

slowly building up the tension between the english guy (his name escapes me - Fassbender?) and the German officer (the whole "I think you are intruding" piece of dialogue) before all hell breaks lose and within 30 seconds its a bloodbath.

Spotted the 3 finger mistake, standard grade german was good for something ;)

Excellent film. Great dialogue, excellent casting (except for Eli Roth but I just plain hate him :lol:) good soundtrack (as always with QT :(), Very impressive film!

Finally saw Transformers 2 last night at the Imax in Brum.

Why has it been so mercilessly panned? It's just a film about robots kicking shit out of each other, destroying some important national monuments, plenty of blowing stuff up, and you get to see Tasha out of Home and Away looking rather seductive (I would have put up with the metal tongue personally - I wonder what her bag of slugs would have been like?)

And I haven't mentioned Ms Fox yet. Hubba. Watching her on an Imax screen was worth the entrance fee - norks literally the size of my house moving in slow motion - what's not to love?

For 2+ hours of pure nonsense, it f**king rocked.

Finally saw Transformers 2 last night at the Imax in Brum.

Why has it been so mercilessly panned? It's just a film about robots kicking shit out of each other, destroying some important national monuments, plenty of blowing stuff up, and you get to see Tasha out of Home and Away looking rather seductive (I would have put up with the metal tongue personally - I wonder what her bag of slugs would have been like?)

And I haven't mentioned Ms Fox yet. Hubba. Watching her on an Imax screen was worth the entrance fee - norks literally the size of my house moving in slow motion - what's not to love?

For 2+ hours of pure nonsense, it f**king rocked.

Edited by Atlanteanlost

I'm not going to take anything you say seriously ever again....not that I did anyway :wacko:

Transformers 2 is representative of why I stopped paying to see films at the cinema

Just watched "Drag Me To Hell" 90 minutes of the most brain dead tosh it has ever been my displeasure to sit through.

Kermode likd it too, which makes it doubly disappointing for me, we usually agree on most films, but this was f**king garbage.

Cliched, predictable and just out and out poor. And the effects were laughable - and not even in an "Evil Dead" way.

Just watched "Drag Me To Hell" 90 minutes of the most brain dead tosh it has ever been my displeasure to sit through.

Kermode likd it too, which makes it doubly disappointing for me, we usually agree on most films, but this was f**king garbage.

Cliched, predictable and just out and out poor. And the effects were laughable - and not even in an "Evil Dead" way.

Edited by modey

I watched this tonight and actually thought it was ok, yeah it was your usual, predictable stuff, but i think half of it was tongue in cheek, as long as you don't take it too seriously it a good film

They were definatly trying to be like the evil dead with some of the effects and humour, but overall, not an awful film.

I thought also had an element of final destination to it

Me and the wife enjoyed it, and it gave me a few jumps

Some of you may already know of this website.

FANEDIT.ORG

Welcome to the fascinating world of FANEDITS, which are a new take on existing movie material created by video artists. Anything can be changed, improved, restructured for a different watching experience and only the sky is the limit. You must own the original DVDs to legally watch them. Here you will find the biggest worldwide collection of versions of movies you all know so well, but not that way. Enjoy your stay and leave a comment.

ohhh and HERE :lol::lol::lol::(

I got THIS which is rather excellent

Edited by Atlanteanlost