Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 9 is a very very good film. But god I really do hate the South African accent.

Also, finally got round to watching 'The three Burials of Melquides Estrada. Been meaning to for ages. Got a real Cormac McCarthy feel to it. Which for me is a good thing.

Put your money on the actor playing the "Jew Hunter" (Christoph Waltz) for the Best Supporting Actor award at next years Academy Awards. Performing in 4 languages?!?! GTFOH!!!! He was utterly incredible in every way.

followed C.O.M with Lakeview Terrace, it was alright, nothing special but worth a watch.

need some suggestions for today folks (I love it when the wife and kids go up to the inlaws!)

just grabbin "The Damned United" which I fancy.

might even go to the flicks to see inglorious.

Edited by the_frame

followed C.O.M with Lakeview Terrace, it was alright, nothing special but worth a watch.

need some suggestions for today folks (I love it when the wife and kids go up to the inlaws!)

just grabbin "The Damned United" which I fancy.

might even go to the flicks to see inglorious.

I loved that film, but then I always was a Clough fan. Far more sympathetic towards the great man than the book, anyhow.

Hurt Locker for me this week-end I think. I seem to watch films at the cinema one week after they come out.

And get yourself down the flicks for Inglorious. Brilliant, no messing and I think some of the scenes work better on the big screen.

I just watched 'Strangers with Candy' and I only just found out it was a series before the film, and the film is a prequel.

It's about a 47 year old ex junkie/prostitute/prisoner who goes back to school to try and get her dad out of a coma.

It was quite odd, and certainly different, with Amy Sedaris as the main character Jerri Blank.

I really want to see the series now.

I thought it was quite lovely. Good music too although the music got slightly annoying when played over the top of people speaking. I liked how it was done, although it was quite confusing at first!!

One thing I don't really understand though (sorry, can't get spoilers to work so have opted for white text!!)......when the newbie arrived and Tony got him in the showers, why was that? For any actual reason in particular or just because he was the newbie?? Seemed as though it was something to do with that guy chopping his thumb off, but I didn't really understand that either?! :)