Films

Guest razz1e

I hate the general public, I hate their inane jabbering and asking "ooh, whats he been in?". I hate the way they rustle their extra crispy f**king sweety wrappers. I hate the way the slurp on their xxxxl f**king sodas. I hate the smell of their plastic cheese on their nachos wafting across my space. I hate the adverts, I hate the trailers for the simple reason that there will be a trailer for some piece of shit "blockbuster" that consists of 100 explosions, some cleavage and a couple of gags that my nan's dog could have written, and some c**t behind me will say "woo, that looks good doesnt it?". I hate the fact that 99% of all films in the cinema are f**king rubbish. I hate sequels, repeating on and on ad nauseum until even the dimmest of the movie going public finally decide that the "franchise" is f**king rubbish. I hate not knowing exactly what time the film starts and finishes. I hate driving 15 miles to see a movie, and that the majority of the movies that I might pay to see at the cinema arent even shown within a 40 mile radius of where I live. I hate all this new fangled 3D bollocks that the studios are convincing us are the only way to see movies nowadays. I hate the studios themselves, all sat around listening to focus groups made up of the absolute stupidest people on the face of the earth and taking their opinion as the mood of the people. I hate being made to wait until months after the americans can see a movie. I hate the fact that Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time (or was - havent checked recently) I hate the way the studios tell us that downloading is killing the medium, when box office records get beaten month after month and actors are asking $m's per movie. And finally I hate the fact that the movie press such as empire and total film used to be good, but are now just propaganda rags for the industry with absolutely no integrity whatsoever and only interested in the payola.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the general public, I hate their inane jabbering and asking "ooh, whats he been in?". I hate the way they rustle their extra crispy f**king sweety wrappers. I hate the way the slurp on their xxxxl f**king sodas. I hate the smell of their plastic cheese on their nachos wafting across my space. I hate the adverts, I hate the trailers for the simple reason that there will be a trailer for some piece of shit "blockbuster" that consists of 100 explosions, some cleavage and a couple of gags that my nan's dog could have written, and some c**t behind me will say "woo, that looks good doesnt it?". I hate the fact that 99% of all films in the cinema are f**king rubbish. I hate sequels, repeating on and on ad nauseum until even the dimmest of the movie going public finally decide that the "franchise" is f**king rubbish. I hate not knowing exactly what time the film starts and finishes. I hate driving 15 miles to see a movie, and that the majority of the movies that I might pay to see at the cinema arent even shown within a 40 mile radius of where I live. I hate all this new fangled 3D bollocks that the studios are convincing us are the only way to see movies nowadays. I hate the studios themselves, all sat around listening to focus groups made up of the absolute stupidest people on the face of the earth and taking their opinion as the mood of the people. I hate being made to wait until months after the americans can see a movie. I hate the fact that Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time (or was - havent checked recently) I hate the way the studios tell us that downloading is killing the medium, when box office records get beaten month after month and actors are asking $m's per movie. And finally I hate the fact that the movie press such as empire and total film used to be good, but are now just propaganda rags for the industry with absolutely no integrity whatsoever and only interested in the payola.

/exhales. phew - where did that lot come from?

anyway, call me any names you like - I download movies - a lot, and one thing will stop me.

Give me movies on demand, day and date release with the cinema (or very close, like a fortnight), and I will pay for every film I watch (genuinely)

I hate the general public, I hate their inane jabbering and asking "ooh, whats he been in?". I hate the way they rustle their extra crispy f**king sweety wrappers. I hate the way the slurp on their xxxxl f**king sodas. I hate the smell of their plastic cheese on their nachos wafting across my space.

I like the cinema experience, generally the audience round here is respectful although sometimes there is a lot of rustling - I don't understand why you have to stuff your gob at the same time as watching a film, it's weird.

But generally, a big screen and a good film is way better than small screen at home. I like the communal feel, that the experience is heightened by everyone else there - you're by yourself, but you're part of something bigger.

And the only 3D film (Bolt, at Glastonbury) I've seen was good, I liked the effects, can see that being a reason why cinemas will stay in business after downloads from Youtube are the norm.