Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hurt Locker was a load of cliched rubbish, I thought.

Oh, and the State of Play remake thing was pathetic compared to the original series. And that's nothing to do with the absence of Polly Walker either.

I don't recall smiling once during The Boat that Rocked either. Forget laughter. Not even one smile.

Edited by sifimaster

Watched the Phantom Menace last night for the first time in ages. Thank god for Darth Maul and the pod race. The script and acting are unbelievably bad.

Still, it looks nice and has lightsabers.

The Hurt Locker was a load of cliched rubbish, I thought.

Oh, and the State of Play remake thing was pathetic compared to the original series. And that's nothing to do with the absence of Polly Walker either.

I don't recall smiling once during The Boat that Rocked either. Forget laughter. Not even one smile.

I was just about to give you a massive kiss for your first comment, but then I got to your last! The Boat That Rocked is wonderful!

I think maybe it's a film you have to watch as a child, and probably as a child from the 80's or before who hasn't been blessed with amazing special effects yet. I was scared shitless of it when I was a kid.

Have you read the book?

Edited by Purple Monkey

Yeah that's why I found it so funny. The film scared the crap out of me as a kid too. Now I think it's funny.

The spider now looks like a failled art college project (the thought of a spider with a set of wobbly arms and a face like a Boglin, with a glowing Tellytubby belly as the "ultimate evil" is either genius or derived from the scribblings of a retard), the cave looks so fake and like a set from Power Rangers. Also, it should be shown to anyone that thinks Hollyoaks is the home of the worst acting in the world.

I remember the book being waaaaay better, and less literal, and slightly more meaningful. Well, I read it when I was 12. It would help if I didn't consider Stephen King (along with Dan Brown) to be one of the worlds most successful writing hacks of all time.

:P

Briliant. That did make me laugh out loud. In a kind of Homer Simpson "Why do you think I took you to see Police Academy when you were young Bart? Because it was funny? Well I didn't hear anyone else laughing, did you?" type way.

What did you think it was out of interest? A drama? Or a documentary type thing?

Just a film. Mr Cheese has a tendancy to just download anything and everything. He never finds out what things are about beforehand, he'd rather watch a film to find out whether he likes it or not, rather than go off the synopsis or somebody else's review. I quite like it, we've watched some real surprises.......we've also watched some absolute pants though :P