Wickerman 2009

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line-up never suits everyone. But I'm happy with Dickies, Penetration, Billy Brag, The Zutons, Human League and UK Subs they're worth £80 alone for me. Bet you'd struggle to book a campsite in Largo for 4 days for that sum. And the best efestival camp I've been to as well.

Pearl and her Puppies are worth a gander at as well. :rolleyes:

I take it you would recommend Wickerman then? I'm thinking of trying a couple of new festivals this year and I've also fancied this one. Theres a few acts I like this year and Billy Bragg is a big attraction for me. Alao I might end up doing this one solo so I take it from what people say about how friendly it is that this is a good festival to go to on your own?

Went to Wickerman for the first time last year and loved it. Very chilled atmosphere, not too cramped and plenty to do/see. I've never done a festie on my own but i would imagine that Wickerman would defo be a good one to do (there will be others on here who can answer that more definitely) There's going to be an efest camp so if you do come along then think about camping there.....last years camp was great fun.....lots of great people to keep you company :P

There's a my festivals group that you can join where no doubt details of the efest camp will be arranged nearer the time

Howdy Folks!

I have been using this website for ages but have never registered until today (think the fact that I'm a bit p**d to be at work on Good Friday has something to do with it!! :( ). I enjoy hearing the different opinions and seeing who's going to what festival etc.

I'm well up for going to Wickerman this year. My normal scottish festival was Connect but as its cancelled this year then Wickerman will do very nicely!

I love The Human League live (I try to see them at least once a year). They really know how to entertain and mix their dark electro songs with their more popular pop hits.

I'm well excited about Candy Staton. Some friends have seen her live in Glasgow before and said she is really good.

I dont know what to expect from Utah Saints, but I have their first CD and its great. Hopefully it'll translate well to the live setting.

Plenty more bands that I dont know but it'll be cool to get to see some new stuff!

Howdy Folks!

I have been using this website for ages but have never registered until today (think the fact that I'm a bit p**d to be at work on Good Friday has something to do with it!! :( ). I enjoy hearing the different opinions and seeing who's going to what festival etc.

I'm well up for going to Wickerman this year. My normal scottish festival was Connect but as its cancelled this year then Wickerman will do very nicely!

I love The Human League live (I try to see them at least once a year). They really know how to entertain and mix their dark electro songs with their more popular pop hits.

I'm well excited about Candy Staton. Some friends have seen her live in Glasgow before and said she is really good.

I dont know what to expect from Utah Saints, but I have their first CD and its great. Hopefully it'll translate well to the live setting.

Plenty more bands that I dont know but it'll be cool to get to see some new stuff!

The line-up never suits everyone. But I'm happy with Dickies, Penetration, Billy Brag, The Zutons, Human League and UK Subs they're worth £80 alone for me. Bet you'd struggle to book a campsite in Largo for 4 days for that sum. And the best efestival camp I've been to as well.

Pearl and her Puppies are worth a gander at as well. :)

Hi new to Wickerman forum I'm an I.O.Wighter but am thinking of doing Wickerman this year, was going to do TITP but to expensive and to many stages to dodge back and forth to see particular acts,so decided to blow it out.The price of £80 for the weekend is brilliant,seen the Dickies and U.K subs back in 79 at Loch Lomond they were good back then and would love to see them again,what would bring back some good memories if the Stranglers added to the list. :(

I saw them at Loch Lomond in 79 too mate! Great shout for The Stranglers too! There is no comparison between T and Wickerman! It will be your best decision of the year!