Wickerman 2009

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jock,

Michala, Mike and I wil be at IofW as well as Wickerman camping with the Efest camp at both so head over and say hi.

Howdy Folks!

I have been using this website for ages but have never registered until today (think the fact that I'm a bit p**d to be at work on Good Friday has something to do with it!! :) ). I enjoy hearing the different opinions and seeing who's going to what festival etc.

I'm well up for going to Wickerman this year. My normal scottish festival was Connect but as its cancelled this year then Wickerman will do very nicely!

I love The Human League live (I try to see them at least once a year). They really know how to entertain and mix their dark electro songs with their more popular pop hits.

I'm well excited about Candy Staton. Some friends have seen her live in Glasgow before and said she is really good.

I dont know what to expect from Utah Saints, but I have their first CD and its great. Hopefully it'll translate well to the live setting.

Plenty more bands that I dont know but it'll be cool to get to see some new stuff!

Hi folks

Going to be coming to Wickerman for the first time this year and was wondering about when to arrive? I see that gates are open on Thurs at 12 but the main arena is not open til 6pm. Does the campsite fill up really quickly?

I'm basically wondering whether to take a full or half day off work on the Thursday as it will only take 2 hours to get there.

Also is anything on on the sunday, or is it just a day for packing up and leaving?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Hi folks

Going to be coming to Wickerman for the first time this year and was wondering about when to arrive? I see that gates are open on Thurs at 12 but the main arena is not open til 6pm. Does the campsite fill up really quickly?

I'm basically wondering whether to take a full or half day off work on the Thursday as it will only take 2 hours to get there.

Also is anything on on the sunday, or is it just a day for packing up and leaving?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Electro-pop supremos Joe Goddard and Felix Martin of Hot Chip lead the dance acts announced to play the Bass Camp Dance Village at South West Scotland's Wickerman Festival in July.

A headline set will be performed in the Skiddle Tent by the Hot Chip DJs.

Danny Rampling, will be making two performances in the dance tent, championing new British house music with one, whilst his second becomes a journey through yesteryear's classics.

A weekend of Tech-Funk will be provided by Lot 49 in a massive blackout tent featuring Wickerman favourites such as Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, Lee Coombs, Dopamine, Simon Jackson, Elite Force, G-mac, Believe, Silver Storic, and Kid Blue .

Indie disco fans are catered for with Glasgow based Firewater hosting the Urban Skirmish Stage whilst Manchester club-night Funkademia will be spinning soul, funk and disco during the day.

Richard Dyer of Skiddle who co-promotes the Wickerman's Dance area said, "July 2009 will see the appearance of a new look military themed Bass Camp Dance Village that will be open until 5.00am. Electronic music of all genres will be nestled in the one easily accessible area which will feature a couple of tanks, crazy camouflage, big tops and a crystal clear Funktion1 sound system."

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090424a.shtml

Scooter tent is more my kinda scene but i am sure i will still be hot footing it around as per usual trying to see everyone playing at the same time!!!!! :P