Neil Young for Friday?

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a strange set of headliners :blink:

Neil Young and BS over the weekend. Not my cup of tea and Blur IMO are awful but there's always plenty other places to be at Glasto.

Might go see Neil Young if he puts it in writing he'll play the rock version of Rockin in the Free World :(

Hmmm surely the traditional 'Neil Young is playing Glastonbury' annual rumour can't actually come true?!

He is Genius and Legend. Only seen him once I think- the Fleadh festival (pronounced 'xylophone'- more or less) many years back, in Finsbury Park... in the pouring rain- with a pint that never emptied because of said rain.... and christ it was brilliant!!

As for the Boss... 5co77ie has been trying to teach me the error of my ways about Brucie.... as he explains I and many others got the wrong idea of what he is about and what his music is like. I'm happy to give the man a go... and hoping I might be as impressed as I'm supposed to be!

It's certainly looking damn good this coming Glasto!

I'd say the 'essential' collection is as good a start as any. The albums 'Born To Run' and Darkness On The Edge Of Town' are great too.

For a live album, the Winterland show is better than the live triple/double set... available for free to download, legally, here (scroll down to '12/15/1978 - Prodigal Son At Winterland, San Francisco, CA')

:D

Hmmm surely the traditional 'Neil Young is playing Glastonbury' annual rumour can't actually come true?!

He is Genius and Legend. Only seen him once I think- the Fleadh festival (pronounced 'xylophone'- more or less) many years back, in Finsbury Park... in the pouring rain- with a pint that never emptied because of said rain.... and christ it was brilliant!!

1. Love And Only Love

2. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)

3. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

4. Powderfinger

5. Spirit Road

6. Cortez The Killer

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. Oh, Lonesome Me

9. Mother Earth

10. The Needle And The Damage Done

11. Light A Candle

12. Cough Up The Bucks

13. Fuel Line

14. Hit The Road

15. Unknown Legend

16. Heart Of Gold

17. Old Man

18. Get Back To The Country

19. Off The Road

20. Just Singing A Song

21. When Worlds Collide

22. Cowgirl In The Sand

23. Rockin' In The Free World

---

24. Get Behind The Wheel

25. A Day In The Life

set list from a couple of nights ago.. :lol:

11. Light A Candle

12. Cough Up The Bucks

13. Fuel Line

14. Hit The Road

19. Off The Road

20. Just Singing A Song

21. When Worlds Collide

I think that these are new songs just recently written, from reading reviews they are not apparently that brilliant.

All the others are classics mind.

:lol:

Possibly my favourite neil young song, he didn't play it at all throughout the london gigs, or hop park/werchter so thought it was a pretty rare outing nowadays but by the look of it he's been played it pretty much every gig since august. I think I'd cry hearing that at glastonbury. :D

Nice to see Cowgirl in the sand's is regular in the setlist at the moment aswell.

comprehensive list of Neil Young setlists.

http://www.sugarmtn.org/years/08nysets.html