Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happened with all those people who were in the know for a couple of months about Sonic Youth and Bloc Party headlining? (Suppose Bloc Party could get away with playing before Nick Cave, but there's no way Sonic Youth could play the Arena without it collapsing or causing a fire hazard)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Sonic Youth aren't as big nowaday as they have been, it probably wouldn't be any busier than it was for Blondie last year, probably about the same. They'd have to headline it though, have no idea why Blondie didn't last year..

Or at least two of them aren't anyway. Will be gutted if its not Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the other two....

The other two are just :blink:

Pet Shop Boys fair enough but Grace Jones? She could easily play under Pet Shop Boys or as Uncut headliner or even in Blondie's place from last year. Headliner though :lol:

Like I said I was surpised at Uncut.

Im not gonna confirm what I know (which in fairness could be wrong) but that list doesnt surprise me at all. If you catch my drift...

So in other words you're just surprised at Uncut because they've released the line-up early? :blink:

So in other words you're just surprised at Uncut because they've released the line-up early? :blink:

That's one conclusion

The other is that Im surprised at a reputable magazine for making up an incorrect lineup.

Make your own mind up :lol:

I could keep you lot going all year if the lineup wasnt being released officially on Monday!

Please remember that Latitude is not all about the headliners...last year only Sigur Ros were worth seeing...Franz Ferdinand are awful and Interpol have only 2 good songs...I suggest checking the lower billings before saying "yay" or "nay" to going...remember the gems of last year that included a certain Joanna Newsom, Kyte on the Lake Stage and Magistrates? Highlights of the weekend by far.

Anyway...saying that...i'm not going :blink::lol: :lol:

(Still can't believe Grace Jones is even there! Someone somwhere must be having a laugh!)

If Grace Jones and the Pet Shop Boys are true, then I will be seriously pissed off.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds would be brilliant though.

:lol::blink::lol:

I really don't get the anti-Pet Shop Boys feeling on this thread. Each to their own, but I think they put on an amazing show full of brilliant songs that pretty much everyone at the festival will recognise.

Then again I thought Franz Ferdinand were brilliant last year - so what do I know :P

Really happy about Nick Cave, and if Grace Jones really is headlining (which I do find very hard to believe) then I happy because it means I won't be tied to the Obelisk for 3 nights running.

I don't think I have ever seen more than 1 main stage headliner at any festival I have been to.

That's one conclusion

The other is that Im surprised at a reputable magazine for making up an incorrect lineup.

Make your own mind up :blink:

I could keep you lot going all year if the lineup wasnt being released officially on Monday!

Oh god, please actually be someone in the know!

It'd be awful if you're just someone winding us up...

That's one conclusion

Make your own mind up :blink:

Oh god, please actually be someone in the know!

It'd be awful if you're just someone winding us up...

its a wind up, the headliners have been leaked early and sungubula is just winding us up. If I am wrong then I will be the first to apologise but dont think I am. If I am wrong sungbula I'll buy you a drink at the festival if you come and say hello, i'll be the one drumming on the main stage with my band :lol: