Neil Young just a little dull and somewhat painful on the ears?

Guest Peache Calhoon

Its nice to see the younger generation getting into Neil Young. Its true, he completely blew the other acts off the stage at Hop Farm and was absolutely awesome. I have seen him many times over the years and each time it has been something really special. Those that decide to give him a miss at Glastonbury will kick themselves afterwards when they realise what they missed!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeeeeezzz, why will people kick themselves ?

I wont be watching him, cos i dont particularly like his music, and as per the previous post, i am pretty sure ill be able to stumble across a little gem somewhere whilst everyone else has fallen asleep in front of the pyramid.

A lot of people said i would regret it if i missed JZ last year. I gave him 10 minutes, and regretted bothering...

There are plenty of other things going on, and ill be enjoying some of them !

I wont be watching him, cos i dont particularly like his music, and as per the previous post, i am pretty sure ill be able to stumble across a little gem somewhere whilst everyone else has fallen asleep in front of the pyramid.

A lot of people said i would regret it if i missed JZ last year. I gave him 10 minutes, and regretted bothering...

after the goldrush

everybody knows this is nowhere

on the beach

zuma

harvest

unplugged

then there's a few live ones worth a listen

live rust

rust never sleeps

ragged glory

and not forgetting

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu (which everyone should have aswell)

edit: if you've got decade, I'd say get after the goldrush and on the beach first....everybody knows this is nowhere and harvest are pretty well represented on decade. The unplugged album is delightful and zuma's superb aswell.

On the beach is worth getting for "motion pictures" alone

Edited by ralph250

strictly speaking, it's not a 'greatest hits', but a 'best of'... subtle difference.

If there isn't anything on Decade for you to enjoy, well. Id be intirgued as to what you do like..

something odd about someone hanging around a thread about someone you plainly don't like....???

after the goldrush

everybody knows this is nowhere

on the beach

zuma

harvest

unplugged

then there's a few live ones worth a listen

live rust

rust never sleeps

ragged glory

and not forgetting

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu (which everyone should have aswell)

edit: if you've got decade, I'd say get after the goldrush and on the beach first....everybody knows this is nowhere and harvest are pretty well represented on decade. The unplugged album is delightful and zuma's superb aswell.

On the beach is worth getting for "motion pictures" alone

Neil Youngy sort of music.

From Wiki....

It has an overall more upbeat atmosphere, with a combination of country-tinged rock acoustics and lumbering hard-rock pieces similar in style to songs on Young's second album, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. As on the latter album, Young is backed up by Crazy Horse with the late Danny Whitten being replaced by Frank Sampedro.

Side One

"Don't Cry No Tears" – 2:34

"Danger Bird" – 6:54

"Pardon My Heart" – 3:49

"Lookin' for a Love" – 3:17

"Barstool Blues" – 3:02

Side Two

"Stupid Girl" – 3:13

"Drive Back" – 3:32

"Cortez the Killer" – 7:29

"Through My Sails" – 2:41

Neil Young is so good, I can even forgive him for collaborating with Pearl Jam.

For the uninitiated, the 'Greatest Hits' (2004?) is really good.

For those after albums - practically all the 70s ones are worth getting . And if you're after something a bit different, try Trans, where he took inspiration from The Human League and (sounds like) Kraftwerk and made an interesting electro-rock album that was panned but is really good.