Neil Young just a little dull and somewhat painful on the ears?

Guest Peache Calhoon

Decade is a very good intro to Neil's work but if one really wants to get into his stuff its imperative to get hold of the following:

After the Gold Rush

Live at Massey Hall 1971

Harvest

On The Beach

Tonights the Night

Zuma

Ragged Glory

There are several other later albums such as prairie wind and even living with war which would be worth invetsigation prior to seeing him live. For me his masterpiece is undoubtedly "On The Beach"-painful yes, but beautifully painful.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One album no-one's mentioned yet, and it's an absolute stunner IMHO is Chrome Dreams II. Released in 2007, again IMHO his strongest album release since the late 1970's and a good indicator to some of the songs he'll be playing if he is indeed confirmed for Glastonbury. Given his last tour, you can bet on a good mix of old classics and a few newer songs. I personally loved his 25 minute version of No Hidden Path. Left half the crowd screaming for more and the other half looking slightly worried and confused. Perfect. :lol:

Off topic - but roll on The Decemberists!!!!!!!! Flippin' brilliant live. :D

Does anyone think there is any chance of him doin some of 'Trans' or 'Everybodys Rockin''? I know what your all thinking, but it would be a genuine Glasto mement if he whacked out Computer Age or Betty Lou's Got a New Pair of Shoes!!! Id love it, a bit of Young Rock 'n' Roll!!!