HELP! My Other Half doesn't want to camp

Guest CrunchyFrog

Be careful though. I'm sure I read somewhere that it may invalidate your insurance (something to do with restrictions they may put in the hire agreement). Remember, you are driving it in a cow field not a campsite which is set up to cater for campervans (radways etc).

Read the small print first, if it doesn't matter where you go with it then I agree, don't tell them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they got all finnicky with me when returning it and tried to charge me more to clean it i'd just take back out and drive the f**ker into a lake let the insurance deal with it :)

even so £450 is still very reasonable to be fair if you look around.

I have a massive quandry. I've got tickets for Glasto for me and my hubby. Trouble is he is no having serious doubts about going. He doesn't want to camp & he doesn't want to spend a fortune on hiring a campervan.

We live in Jersey.... (def not millionaires!) which adds to the expense of getting off this rock. Even clapped out campervans/motorhomes over here cost a fortune so just buying one here and selling it on afterwards is just not going to happen.

All the Campervan/Motorhome hire websites I've found are charging between £750 & £1000 which we just can't afford. Getting off this island on the boat with a car costs £500 alone. Flights would be better at £100 each.

We went in 2007 the year of the mud and he thinks its going to be like that again. The thing is, he absolutely loves Bruce Springsteen & I can't understand why he's not chomping at the bit to go. I'm not keen on any of the rumoured "headliners" and I can't wait to go.

Anyway, I'm looking for ideas.... anything...

My missus can't handle camping either, so I go on my own.

She says that if we booked a hotel she'd come, but then she doesn't like mud, she gets tired easily, can't handle lack of showers, toilets etc.

I don't like camping, mud, lack of showers or dodgy loos particularly much either, but I love Glastonbury enough to not give any of that a second thought. I feel that if I persuaded her to come I'd just end up regretting it as she wouldn't enjoy it and we'd probably end up arguing!

To be honest I quite enjoy the freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want, and people are generally friendly and there are always plenty of people to talk to. Not to mention the efestivals meets and so on.

I have to say that I prefer going on my own. If I was with somebody who moaned about the mud, distance walking, having to sleep in a tent, not feeling clean then i'd end up getting arrested for GBH!

At my first Glastonbury (2007) I was with a large group of people who'd being going for years, apart from one girl who like me was a virgin. She started the week off declaring that she couldn't care less about the weather, distance walking etc she was going to have the time of her life. by the Saturday she was in tears, moaning about the mud and the fact she was cold and wet. I couldn't have knocked her out!

Being with people who are loving it as much as you are adds to the experience.

If you don't want to camp on your own then join us at the efests camp (In pennards), I met some fantastic people there last year and I shall be heading there again!

as for the whole going on my own thing that's just not for me, my favourite part of going to festivals is the time with my good friends, you can always go off on your own if things get a bit much and friends annoy you, but it's always better to share great experiences and times with your good friends.

I have to say that I prefer going on my own. If I was with somebody who moaned about the mud, distance walking, having to sleep in a tent, not feeling clean then i'd end up getting arrested for GBH!

At my first Glastonbury (2007) I was with a large group of people who'd being going for years, apart from one girl who like me was a virgin. She started the week off declaring that she couldn't care less about the weather, distance walking etc she was going to have the time of her life. by the Saturday she was in tears, moaning about the mud and the fact she was cold and wet. I couldn't have knocked her out!

Being with people who are loving it as much as you are adds to the experience.

If you don't want to camp on your own then join us at the efests camp (In pennards), I met some fantastic people there last year and I shall be heading there again!

as for the whole going on my own thing that's just not for me, my favourite part of going to festivals is the time with my good friends, you can always go off on your own if things get a bit much and friends annoy you, but it's always better to share great experiences and times with your good friends.
Edited by bunchy