post-rock stuff

Guest doogleisadog

I think I'd cry if a reformed Godspeed you! black emperor, were announced for glasto....but failing that then I'd love silver mt. zion there....and explosions in the sky, mono, hrsta, 65daysofstatic, this will destroy you etc.

...can't see mogwai there this year though due to the history with blur...can't see Glasto booking someone who's probably gonna antagonise the closing headliner.

Mogwai were on at one of the first Glastos I went to - '98 or '99 headlining The Other Stage.

I'd never heard of them. But I wasn't bothered by the Pyramid headliner (Pulp??) and wanted to listen to whoever were on earlier on The Other Stage and just stayed put for Mogwai. Their write-up in the festival programme appealed.

The following day, in the morning, my words to my son, who'd been at the Pyramid, were (to the effect) "I don't care how good [Pulp] were, you made the wrong decision!!!'

He never agreed with me, but gave them a listen on CD and was also an instant convert. I think we've seen them 7 or 8 times since often together, including (for both of us) their Somerset House gig a couple of years ago (which I had to fit in on my way across country to Latitude), and their Royal Albert Hall gig the same year.

Yeh - bring them on again.

seeing explosions in the sky beneith the bright sunshine, on say... the jazzworld stage, with a pint of brothers would be a bit of a sensory overload for me, I'd probably die from exessive levels of dopamine and serotonin in my body.

The following have been pretty active lately or had albums out recently or have them due and should play.

Mogwai, The Animal collective, 65 days of static, M83, Stereolab, Spiritualised, Maps, This town needs guns, Jeniferever, iLiKETRAiNS, errors, Vessels, And so I watch you from afar, f**k Buttons, Holy f**k, Kyte........ more to be added

I think I'd cry if a reformed Godspeed you! black emperor

what about some post rock stuff like mogwai, 65daysofstatic, explosions in the sky, god is an astronaut.

has anything like that been at glastonbury? do you reckon it would fit in and if so where?

i had a read through hear but didn't contribute as i am only just recently getting into Mogwai and also Errors and you all seem well into these bands and i'm out of my depth :huh:

but i just saw this on the NME website and thought you guys would be interested you probably already know but here it is anyway.

http://www.nme.com/news/mogwai/42373

Well since Mogwai are playing at Field Day in July there would be some chance of them playing glasto, I certainly pray they do! I have vague memories of seeing them in 03 and thinking it was amazing!

Sigur Ros would be great but I cant see it happening, I think they are taking some time off from touring. I saw them a few months ago though and they were great.

65DOS would be amazing, have to be in the john peel tent though as it wouldnt work on a big open air stage!

seeing explosions in the sky beneith the bright sunshine, on say... the jazzworld stage, with a pint of brothers would be a bit of a sensory overload for me, I'd probably die from exessive levels of dopamine and serotonin in my body.

The following have been pretty active lately or had albums out recently or have them due and should play.

Mogwai, The Animal collective, 65 days of static, M83, Stereolab, Spiritualised, Maps, This town needs guns, Jeniferever, iLiKETRAiNS, errors, Vessels, And so I watch you from afar, f**k Buttons, Holy f**k, Kyte........ more to be added

Seeing Explosions in the Sky live about a year ago was probably one of the best nights of my life. Seeing Mogwai in Feb aswel, which I can't wait for.

I'd say 65dos are the most likely post-rock act to be on the bill this year. Yndi Halda might be plausible, too.

i had a read through hear but didn't contribute as i am only just recently getting into Mogwai and also Errors and you all seem well into these bands and i'm out of my depth :unsure:

but i just saw this on the NME website and thought you guys would be interested you probably already know but here it is anyway.

http://www.nme.com/news/mogwai/42373