Radiohead (I know, I know)

Guest alibear

Seeing as there seems to be one band on here who divide opinion like no other, I'd like to know...  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Radiohead?

• Yes, I love them!
    • They're ok, but don't really see what all the fuss is about
    • No, they offend my ears.

This is my first topic-starter, so be gentle with me! (sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything similar)

I've been posting on here a few weeks now and keep returning because love the fact you all (on the whole) seem to get on really well, share a genuine love for one of the best festivals in the world and all have a deep, diverse love for music. I've been introduced to many an artist, old and new, through these forums and sure I'll continue to do so.

But, from reading people's opinions, if there's one really Marmite-esque band it's definietly Radiohead, so I want to know what you all think, If you don't mind! Just think it'd be interesting to see the results, though I could be the only one...

Edited by alibear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i love them and i tend to find people who hate them haven't really given them a proper listen beyond the well known songs they've had that get played on the radio and music tv channels and they seem to always give the same tired excuse of them being depressing and whiny etc

i can see where they are coming from as Thom Yorke has one of those voices that can be hard to get past for some and i myself was the same for years in that respect with singers such as Matt Bellamy and Robert Plant but eventually i found a way to get into Muse and Led Zep through lesser known songs and i soon got past and learn to love their distinct vocals via the excellent music that is backing them and radiohead are the same Johnny Greenwood is a Genius plain and simple.

i do have to be in a radiohead mood in order to enjoy them fully i must admit but luckily it isn't uncommon for me to be in that mood :lol:

i love them and i tend to find people who hate them haven't really given them a proper listen beyond the well known songs they've had that get played on the radio and music tv channels and they seem to always give the same tired excuse of them being depressing and whiny etc

i can see where they are coming from as Thom Yorke has one of those voices that can be hard to get past for some and i myself was the same for years in that respect with singers such as Matt Bellamy and Robert Plant but eventually i found a way to get into Muse and Led Zep through lesser known songs and i soon got past and learn to love their distinct vocals via the excellent music that is backing them and radiohead are the same Johnny Greenwood is a Genius plain and simple.

i do have to be in a radiohead mood in order to enjoy them fully i must admit but luckily it isn't uncommon for me to be in that mood :lol:

Thanks mate. I've pretty much just jumped on the bandwagon though when it comes to Radiohead. My best mate is absolutly mad on them but I just can't understand why, their music just bores the shit out of me. Obviously its simply a matter of personal taste in music. I enjoy some music that my mates just think is just horrible noise. Aphex Twin for example doesn't go down well with the majority of my mates. I just love how the debates over Radiohead seem to get heated on the forums and the amount of passion that is shown either for or against their music. There seems to also be an 80% 20% divide over Oasis on the forums too. I am one of the 20% that likes them.

Long live eFestivals Radiohead banter :D:lol::lol:

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008