Glastonbury Fantasy League

Guest Mardy

OK, I had an idea on the tram on the way home this morning. I'm sure it's been done before, and it's only a rough idea so don't all shout at me, but what about something like this...

1) we all choose 10 bands we think will play

2) Total number of albums by these artists mustn't exceed 25, so you can choose Bruce but then your other artists must be realtively unknown. We can agree on a website to use for referemce. Wew need something to stop people ust choosing nailed on headliners with massive back catalogues

3) scoring something like this

Play Glastonbury - 5 points

Other Stage - 1.5 multiplier

Pyramid - 2 multiplier

Cancellation of less than a week: -5 points

make a reference to Glastonbury during their set: + 5 points

punch an audience member/get involved in lawsuit:+ 10 points.

Like I say, sure it's been done before, but what do you reckon, might fill a couple of afternoons on here? Entries in byt he end of Feb, say?

Any comments/rules/ideas?

I;m coming over from moscow, so happy to chuck a genuine russsian bottle of vodka in for the winner

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lie this idea very very much. Probs Wikipedia best to use for album back catalogues. I like the scoring – but maybe lose the”reference to glasto” and “lawsuit” rules as not everyone will be able to verify them.

Also I think that the higher up the bill on the stage they are on then the higher the points you get eg:

Headliner – 10pts

Second to Headliner – 9pts

Third to Headliner – 8pts etc.

This will stop everyone choosing smaller artists with one or no albums that are a shoe in for JP tent.

What ya reckon

Good ideas all. Cheers for those. I reckon we'll need a week or two to get the rules sorted and give everyone a chance to sort out their team. Hopefully there won't be too many announcements in the next week or so B):)

hehe, the Boss has 16 albums, 5 live albums and 5 compilations (best of's etc). Blur have a moderate 7 albums and 5 comps / live albums. Neil Young has 34 solo albums, 6 live, 3 compilations, 6 as Buffalo Springfield and 6 as Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Kinda writes off the headliners from the running (except Blur).

Franz are a good pick with only 3 albums.