Glastonbury Fantasy League

Guest Mardy

OK, I've had a think about this and I've come up with the following. Hope you all fancy playing;

1) choose 10 bands you think will play Glastonbury

2) Choose the stage you think those bands will play in and write it next to the bands

P - Pyramid

O - Other

JW - Jazzworld

DV - Dance Village

AC - Acoustic

JP - John Peel

AV - Avalon

PK - Park

3) The total number of albums combined by ALL your artists must not exceed 35. We'll use wikipedia as a reference and only studio albums will count, live albums and compilations are not included in the total. Scrapped, due to popular demand :)

4) Only include bands which are 'rumoured' or lower (ie no reference to them) on Neil's efestivals page on Friday 13th Feb midday (Otherwise it would be a bit dull and everybody would put Franz Frdinand, Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur :) ) Go for some wildcards, why not?

5) Scoring is as follows

Band appears at Glasto - 10 points

You correctly guess the stage - 10 points

Band plays multiple sets on different stages- You get 10 points for each appearance and 10 points if one of the appearances is on your nominated stage

6) entries to reach me by Friday 13th feb. PM them to me.

7) I'll do the maths etc (more or less) and the winner will get a bottle of vodka that I'll bring over from Russia, or cash equivalent (1.70p)

8) My decision is final (hahah the power, the power)

9) Example entry

The Cure - P

Glasvegas -O

Spiritualised -JP

James Taylor - AC

Billy Bragg - AV

Tom Jones - P

etc etc etc

Any problems, just shout.

Hope that's all OK and clear enough, good luck and please enter :)

cheers

Paul

Edited by Mardy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

3) The total number of albums combined by ALL your artists must not exceed 35. We'll use wikipedia as a reference and only studio albums will count, live albums and compilations are not included in the total.

<snip>

9) Example entry

The Cure - P

Glasvegas -O

Spiritualised -JP

James Taylor - AC

Billy Bragg - AV

Tom Jones - P

<snip>

ah shit, forgot about the Park (foolish, as it's my favourite stage and thanks to Marathonman for pointing that out :rolleyes: ) and I think if we're going to not allow people who are strongly rumoured etc, then yeah, I'm happy to scrap the album rule. It was really only to stop people punting for the big 3/4 ;-)

I'll edit my rules in the post above later.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it

2) Choose the stage you think those bands will play in and write it next to the bands

P - Pyramid

O - Other

JW - Jazzworld

DV - Dance Village

AC - Acoustic

JP - John Peel

AV - Avalon

PK - Park

7) I'll do the maths etc (more or less) and the winner will get a bottle of vodka that I'll bring over from Russia, or cash equivalent (1.70p)

OK, I've had a think about this and I've come up with the following. Hope you all fancy playing;

1) choose 10 bands you think will play Glastonbury

P - Pyramid

O - Other

JW - Jazzworld

DV - Dance Village

AC - Acoustic

JP - John Peel

AV - Avalon

PK - Park

3) The total number of albums combined by ALL your artists must not exceed 35. We'll use wikipedia as a reference and only studio albums will count, live albums and compilations are not included in the total. Scrapped, due to popular demand :angry:

4) Only include bands which are 'rumoured' or lower (ie no reference to them) on Neil's efestivals page on Friday 13th Feb midday (Otherwise it would be a bit dull and everybody would put Franz Frdinand, Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur ;) ) Go for some wildcards, why not?

5) Scoring is as follows

Band appears at Glasto - 10 points

You correctly guess the stage - 10 points

Band plays multiple sets on different stages- You get 10 points for each appearance and 10 points if one of the appearances is on your nominated stage

6) entries to reach me by Friday 13th feb. PM them to me.

8) My decision is final (hahah the power, the power)

9) Example entry

The Cure - P

Glasvegas -O

Spiritualised -JP

James Taylor - AC

Billy Bragg - AV

Tom Jones - P

etc etc etc

Any problems, just shout.

Hope that's all OK and clear enough, good luck and please enter :)

cheers

Paul