LETS MAKE IT REAL

Guest elfimaju

I know, I know it is way too early to be able to form any real ideas but its Friday and I'm bored and I always love being able to look at a line up as it really wets the appettite. This is a guess not a wish list, based on the rumours on here and elsewhere:

FRIDAY

Pyramid

Neil Young

Kaiser Chiefs

The Cure

Lily Allen

The Specials

Other

Kanye West

The Streets

The Ting Tings

Jazzworld

BB King

Park

The Coral

Beirut

John Peel

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Hold Steady

SATURDAY

Pyramid

Bruce Springsteen

Arctic Monkeys

Doves

Keane

Rolf Harris

Other

Franz Ferdinand

Vampire Weekend

Maximo Park

Jazzworld

Goldfrapp

Park

Bon Iver

Friendly Fires

John Peel

The View

The Rakes

SUNDAY

Pyramid

Blur

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Madness

Squeeze

Other

Faithless

Orbital

Glasvegas

Jazzworld

Gomez

Park

MGMT

Santogold

John Peel

My Bloody Valentine

Brakes

Probably miles out but who knows....(helped pass an hour anyway!!) :lol:

If it were the case that Blur,Gomez and MGMT clashed i would have a serious mental breakdown!

Gomez just, but i'm not sure.....

Reckon based on that that i'd head to the Other Stage on the Friday night, Kanye/Streets good party Friday night vibe...although BB King also would be in the mix

Like the look of Arctics supporting Springsteen for the biggy too....

LOOKING GOOD!!!!

The Cure are headliner material.

Arctic Monkeys and Kaiser Chiefs are not. If The Cure are playing, which I hope / doubt, they'd have to be in 'fourth headliner' place, but that isn;t happening.

Anything less than an hour and a half set from them would be heartbreaking.

Remember its just guesswork not gospel. Faithless are clearly huge in the eyes of the people on these boards and so would get a high up slot somewhere but the main stage schedulers seem in recent years to have a taste for fairly 'mainstream' current bands near the top of the Pyramid hence my call on Kaiser Chiefs above the Cure. The Kooks played after Paul Weller on the Pyramid in 2007 for gods sake and the Kaiser Chiefs were above the Manic Street Preachers the same year - so there is some method in my madness. Faithless would be in good company topping the Other Stage - see Bjork, Massive Attack, Iggy, The Chems etc in recent years.

Remember its just guesswork not gospel. Faithless are clearly huge in the eyes of the people on these boards and so would get a high up slot somewhere but the main stage schedulers seem in recent years to have a taste for fairly 'mainstream' current bands near the top of the Pyramid hence my call on Kaiser Chiefs above the Cure. The Kooks played after Paul Weller on the Pyramid in 2007 for gods sake and the Kaiser Chiefs were above the Manic Street Preachers the same year - so there is some method in my madness. Faithless would be in good company topping the Other Stage - see Bjork, Massive Attack, Iggy, The Chems etc in recent years.

This is so exciting!! I know its guesswork but I am already having to make imaginary impossible decisions. Can't wait.

I just said to my OH that if the Boss is playing the weekend before or after we may try and see him anyway, as a 60 or 90 minute set is just going to piss us off. We saw him at Crystal Palace a few years ago, and it was amazing, and to have to put up with just a foreshortened set would be unacceptable, therefore I can see Bon Iver or Franz on the Saturday night - that is if your guesses are close to correct :lol:

I just don't see Franz Ferdinand as being anywhere near big enough to count as a "fourth" headliner. They'd just be a band on before another band, there'd be no need to make the effort to include them on a list that included Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur, don't you think?

I'd be willing to put money on:

Friday Pyramid: Neil Young

Saturday Pyramid: Bruce Springsteen

Sunday Pyramid: The Specials then Blur

I've not even thought about the Other Stage for this year. If this was the headlining calibre for 2009 it really would be a fine festival.