People that have played

Guest paulo999

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I know I'm going to get lynched for this, and I LOVE their album, but I thought MGMT on the JP stage were dreadful last year, only helped by their last 2 songs (which in turn was only due to the crowd who were incredible). I couldn't believe it when I read so many positive reviews of their performance on here. I honestly thought they were total gash and was very disappointed. :lol: That was a shame really.
Edited by staggerlee

Another vote for Oasis in 2004 from me. And I'm a fan. :rolleyes: The worse thing was having to leave the brilliant set from the Bees at the New Bands tent half way through that set to get to the Pyramid. I've always regretted that.

And I know I'm going to get lynched for this, and I LOVE their album, but I thought MGMT on the JP stage were dreadful last year, only helped by their last 2 songs (which in turn was only due to the crowd who were incredible). I couldn't believe it when I read so many positive reviews of their performance on here. I honestly thought they were total gash and was very disappointed. :) That was a shame really.

you're nopt going to like this but they were brilliant on the park stage! I think they were maybe on at the wrong time in the JP tent?

I unfortunatley missed their slot on the Park, but I concede that you could be right. Many people said that they thought that performance was much better.

I dunno - I just found them really lethargic and didn't look bothered to be there. And ZERO interaction with the crowd.

And another Macca-hater? I expected better from you, russy!! :):rolleyes:

I implore anyone who has said he was bad to look at the DVD of him playing Hey Jude and then tell me that was anything other than a great Glastonbury moment. It was pure magic.

hmm I dont recall much interaction with the crowd on the park either. I think they are too "cool" for that (in their minds anyway!). I am sure you will have loads of opportunities to see them again in the future, in fact you will probably be sick of the sight of them by 2010!

I dunno about McCartney. I was just expecting so much more. Plus apart from blackbird and eleanor rigby I think out of the entire beatles back catalogue he chose really poorly.

BTW I have never been a fan of Hey Jude!

Probably because you prefer the Lennon-inspired songs? He was never going to play Come Together, A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away etc, etc because they're John's.

If I was to choose which Macca-inspired tracks to pick I don't think there'd be too many amongst them he DIDN'T play. But you just chose the actual songs rather than the way he performed them. Surely you have to admit that as a performer he was excellent, even if it wasn't necessarily the setlist you'd have chosen?

You could be right with MGMT - I just didn't think they were any good at all. But so many people posted on here saying they were a highlight (the JP stage set). I just can't understand that.

Ain't opinions great though? B)

Besides, my massive "Mark Chapman: You Shot The Wrong Beatle" flag kept getting in the way of the stage so I couldnt see much of the performance to be honest! B):D

Erm... Jay-Z. Hip hop has no place at Glastonbury!!!

Only kidding my votes go to...

The Kooks playing second fiddle in 2007 to the Killers. 1 album. Utter gash.

Fratellis last year as second on bill when they hadn't even released anything new since 2007 when they were 3rd on the bill! Once more, 1 album. Even gasher!!

I know a lot of people hate Oasis on here but they SHOULD have played in 2004, Just cos they were sh*t it doesn't mean they didn't deserve to headline. They've sold enough tickets for this summer's gigs to fill Glastonbury 4 times over. Thats something that even Radiohead couldn't do last year when they didn't even sell out the LCCC gig until a couple of weeks before. I know cos I had a ticket that couldn't use cos it was the same weekend as Glasto and I couldn't sell it for love nor money!

Also, Amy Winehouse most definitely shouldn't have played last year. She should have waited til she got clean before inflicting that dross on the world and taking up valuable room on my Sky+ box that filled up thus not recording the Verve! Grr.

Wos all this shite re oasis in 2004. Every time they've played (4X i think ) they've been superb , maybe there was some form of mass hypnosis that year , fer god's sake try and face the facts instead of beein' Sun reedin' sheep. Oasis , for all their faults, piss over most bands on a daily basis , they are one of the very few modern day bands that know what rock' n' roll is . If you don't realise that then you are destined to be a Keane or Coldplay fan at the expense of the real thing for the rest of your days, possibly. Put down that Snow Patrol album you sad lightweight and get yourself some proper music like Bo Diddley , Johnny Cash , The Fall , AC/DC or Oasis . Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise , you're a feckin big girls blouse who wouldn't recognise the real thing if it came up and played in front of you on the feckin pyramid on a Saturday night at the greatest music festival in the world. I can only advise you to go back to your pussy indie student non rock like effing Vampire Weekend , I'll just bet you love that.

Wos all this shite re oasis in 2004. Every time they've played (4X i think ) they've been superb , maybe there was some form of mass hypnosis that year , fer god's sake try and face the facts instead of beein' Sun reedin' sheep. Oasis , for all their faults, piss over most bands on a daily basis , they are one of the very few modern day bands that know what rock' n' roll is . If you don't realise that then you are destined to be a Keane or Coldplay fan at the expense of the real thing for the rest of your days, possibly. Put down that Snow Patrol album you sad lightweight and get yourself some proper music like Bo Diddley , Johnny Cash , The Fall , AC/DC or Oasis . Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise , you're a feckin big girls blouse who wouldn't recognise the real thing if it came up and played in front of you on the feckin pyramid on a Saturday night at the greatest music festival in the world. I can only advise you to go back to your pussy indie student non rock like effing Vampire Weekend , I'll just bet you love that.
Edited by Langdale Wolf

Wos all this shite re oasis in 2004. Every time they've played (4X i think ) they've been superb , maybe there was some form of mass hypnosis that year , fer god's sake try and face the facts instead of beein' Sun reedin' sheep.

erm ..... while I didn't see them myself (I gave up on nursery rhymes when I left nursery :D), when the festival's organiser comes out with a public statement along the lines that they were awful - something he's never done for any other headline act - then it'sa a pretty safe assumption that they were indeed truly awful. :)

And so the 'sheep' you seem to detest would appear to be those who thought they were great, because they obviously couldn't get past "wow, it's Oasis" to actually see them for what they were delivering. :P