Oasis and The Killers WILL headline V09

Guest the_hedge

Bands don't have to be touring to play a festival. Muse did a handful of shows last year including V :-

Jay-Z - Stormed Glasto & sold out arenas across the country therefore could headline

Springsteen - Would piss it, your comment about acts having to be chart friendly & modern?? I guess someone forgot to tell Morrissey.

McCartney - As above

Rolling Stones

The Who

Beastie Boys

REM

Pearl Jam

Smashing Pumpkins

Greenday

Off the top of my head there's a few. Luckysalt, you are either the dream customer for V or I need to lower my expectations. What level of success/popularity do YOU believe a band needs to be justified as a 'headliner'...just out of interest?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not feeling the love this year! Wheres the love!??!?! It sounds like V's gonna be like a war zone this year...(and not even one with a good soundtrack like Vietnam...)

If you've bought tickets and ain't happy with the headliners flog 'em...if you've not bought them and you're not happy with the line-up, don't buy 'em...if you've haven't bought them and are happy with the line-up, buy some and have a great weekend...I was hoping for the Arctics and REM so I haven't got what I want either, but I know that when its 10.30 on the Sunday and I'm with my mates singing along with 'Live Forever' its gonna be frickin' sweet...

I look forward to this all year...don't spoil it you tarts!

Edited by Flaminglippy

I'm not feeling the love this year! Wheres the love!??!?! It sounds like V's gonna be like a war zone this year...(and not even one with a good soundtrack like Vietnam...)

If you've bought tickets and ain't happy with the headliners flog 'em...if you've not bought them and you're not happy with the line-up, don't buy 'em...if you've haven't bought them and are happy with the line-up, buy some and have a great weekend...I was hoping for the Arctics and REM so I haven't got what I want either, but I know that when its 10.30 on the Sunday and I'm with my mates singing along with 'Live Forever' its gonna be frickin' sweet...

This news deffo means I'm 100% out.

I couldn't imagine two less inspiring headliners for me personally, however for the standard v goer (as opposed to those on this board) I think these two will be a huge draw and tickets will be as popular as ever.

I'm actually quite thankful, this has made it very easy to miss this year, despite going to Hyde park, I would have been sorely tempted if they had got Blur.

May look at a Euro festival now, with the money saved

Yes they are that bad, anyone who went in 05' will testify to the difference in atmosphere between the 2 days. I've been to literally, hundreds of gigs from country to death metal & the worst crowds for trouble, fighting & general anti social behaviour are always the 'trendy lads' gigs...Oasis, Arctics, Kaisers, Ian Brown. I've always seen the most police at gangsta rap gigs but no trouble whereas gangs of pissed up lads at the gigs mentioned above gave the whole thing the same feel as waiting in a packed kebab shop at 2am. Unfortunately, I noticed this at the last Kings of Leon I went to (on the last arena tour). I'd seen them 3 times before touring the 1st & 2nd albums & the shift in audience demographic & behaviour was w*nk.

Or you just wrote off a bunch of legit headliners based on logic such as 'too old' or 'not touring' which has been proven by past years as not mattering one bit. The year Morrissey played it sold out.

I agree with you that it is VERY clever booking by Virgin, but I don't work for Virgin & therefore will reap none of the benefits of their cost saving exercise of piggy-backing on the back of already touring bands.

As a paying punter I just want the chance to see top acts that I normally wouldn't have easy access too.

I reckon R&L will be VERY indie/NME this year, I'm hoping they pull out something special but with Download & Sonisphere they;ve pretty much got the heavier side of things tied up, also, in these tough economic times I think they'll do the same as V & go for the broadest appeal possible to ensure the sell out. If so, my tickets going straight on Ebay :) cha-ching ££

OK bud peace, I know where you're coming from, we can both see what each other are saying, we aren't idiots or newbies, I agree it would be nice for something special and original, I just never expect it, that way im not dissapointed

V is terible thats why ive given up on it, say your money for 1 more weekend and go to R&L much more of a festival......

And better value in the hard times.

V is terible thats why ive given up on it, say your money for 1 more weekend and go to R&L much more of a festival......

And better value in the hard times.

Edited by MikeyB37

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm pleased it's Oasis and Killers, I was pretty wasted while they've played the last few years, and been 'at the back' wishing I was with the action- so this year I'm determined to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy both bands

Whoever plays it's always an awesome weekend - especially if the sun is shining, singing along with a load of mates- great memories can be had

I'm not a newbie, V for me is a good excuse to go 'back home' for the weekend, catch up with good friends and have a great fun weekend

There are many other festivals and yes V has a different vibe, but it's not all bad (well apart from moving the main stage last year!)

I for one am looking forward to another great weekend

Edited by jacks123