The Smiths - Fourth Headliner?

Guest Redcanadahat

there have been speculation about the smiths coming back and doing a few gigs...i searched the forums and i havnt found much on this being an option..what are your views? could this possibly be the 4th band that eavis is keeping a secret from us all?

There is no way on this earth that The Smiths will reform, now or in the future-did you not hear the interview with Morrissey on Thursday night on Radio 2? He said he is astonished at all the speculation about the band getting back together and it will never happen. Years ago I think he said he would prefer to be run over by a lorry than reform the smiths, so in a word-no!

would be absolutely amazing though if Moz played Glasto, I know he is playing Benacassim this year, would be brilliant if he played

i dont know where the speculation comes from with the smiths reforming rumors (not aimed at you Redcanadahat, but the media in general) morrissey has said time and time again that the smiths will NEVER reform, they only way they will reform is with out mozza and be one of those 'from the smiths' bands.

I can see moz playing, but sometimes i find his set lists a bit crap

Moz was great on the Pyramid in 2004, a personal fave quote of his that day...

“I imagine many of you feel rather disgusting,” he enquires, “I do every day. And I’m not normally near mud. Except psychologically, of course.”

I thought he was poor then !

But I saw him months later at Leeds and he was brilliant !

Strange ain't it !

:rolleyes:

Did Morrssiey not come out last week and say its never going to happen? Him and Marr haven’t spoken for 20 years!

Hes also said:

"I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?

"Id rather eat my own testicles than re-form The Smiths, and that’s saying something for a vegetarian."

Err... we'll take that as a no then.

Edited by The Nal

I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?