Common Ground Cafe

Guest mike99

I love Common Ground Cafe and hope they come back. I used to stumble in there at about 5am after the sun had come up, wrecked, and buy some of their lovely fresh hot food before going to bed.

Was also a great refuge during the really muddy years - lovely place to go and sit down at a table and enjoy a vaguely civilized half an hour or so. Sadly missed in 2007 when we really needed it!

Here's hoping for 2009 ;-)

is this the place at the top of the acoustic stage field?

its been there since I can remember - only been in once though. it always looked too well made for me - walls, stairs, and a 2nd floor at glasto - are you crazy, I ain't going in there!

Give me a shabby tent in the greenfields any day

Edited by JoeBananass

I thort it was the place in, oh whats the name of that fild... The one you go in if you were to stand with your back to the stage in jazz world and exit that fild. Theres camping and traders in there. And possibly a very small incarnation of left fild was there for a while but I may have imagend that. If you carry on out of jazz world you go up past the traders and hang a left you wind up at the other stage.

This venue was a cornerstone of my whole Glasto experience for years.

Beautiful building, fab for brekkies with a view, late night relaxing,

refuge during downpour times, good lighting for us deaf people etc.

Was heartbroken to see it gone last year and replaced by a particularly feeble cafe

with minimal shelter - far too small for the demands of the acoustic field.

Michael, we need you to get somebody to replicate that structure - or at least have

several more food and cafe stalls up there - for the 1,000s who go to the acoustic

stage during the festy, all there is available really is alcohol :-(