Common Ground Cafe

Guest mike99

This venue was a cornerstone of my whole Glasto experience for years.

Beautiful building, fab for brekkies with a view, late night relaxing,

refuge during downpour times, good lighting for us deaf people etc.

Was heartbroken to see it gone last year and replaced by a particularly feeble cafe

with minimal shelter - far too small for the demands of the acoustic field.

Edited by paulo999

You have no idea how much this has upset me... I buy their bread every week at the local farmers market. It's unbelievably delicious. They seem lovely and give me free cookies all the time.

I knew they were slightly on the crazy fundamentalist side, but had no idea of some of those things they preached about. I shall have to find another place to buy amazing olive and garlic foccacia :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
NO WAY.

last autumn i picked up a hitch hiker who was doing a runner from their farm in Devon. he was pretty shaky. the last straw for him was when they forcibly baptised him against his will and refused to allow him to shave. he was on the road with no home, bedding food, cash or baccy. i dropped him near Bristol with a fiver and the rest of my baccy.

since hearing what he said about the cult, i have stopped buying the lovely bread at the Taunton Farmers Market that these dodgy wierdos make.