Headliners

Guest ErnestWorthing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS 3 times headlining the pyramid in 7 years.

what a load of tosh, i didnt mind them in 2002 but 2005 was not good.

and if they are above NY thats will have spoilt the 1 headliner i was really looking forward to

Neil, Any thoughts on this one

I've been trying to get the Coldplay rumours properly checked out for at least a month, but without any luck so far. But, as it happens, I'd just chased this up, and it looks like a definitive answer is fairly close.

It's not passed me by that the Coldplay rumour refuses to go away and is even growing, which is why I've been chasing an answer. I've just added it back as a rumour, only on the basis that it refuses to go away.

But I'm still far from convinced there's anything to it - never before has an Eavis categorically stated a band is not playing that are playing.

ME has already said that the 4th headliner is playin on the sat. Its weird how so many people on here seem to have close friends within the organisation of the fest.

yup, that's not passed me by either, along with the fact that all the Coldplay rumours seem to suggest Friday. There's only place I'm aware of that's putting that out solidly into the public domain, and they've got an awful reputation for what they rumour (and this year they're more off the mark than ever as a generalisation for all fests) .... but perhaps this time they got something right. It'll all come clear eventually.

i remember a radio 1 show ages back with zane lowe, asked coldplay their plans for summer,

they said it rhymed with glebworth(knebworth)

however that fell through.

could it be that emily said those things cos at the time coldplay thought they may well have been playing 2 or 3 open air knebworth gigs, now that they arent im sure they still want to do something along the same lines to a big open show..

im not fussed either way if they play

i know alot of thier songs and ive never seen them before

but if i had to choose id pick something else....Faithless maybe?

:lol::lol::D:):)

i remember a radio 1 show ages back with zane lowe, asked coldplay their plans for summer,

they said it rhymed with glebworth(knebworth)

however that fell through.

could it be that emily said those things cos at the time coldplay thought they may well have been playing 2 or 3 open air knebworth gigs, now that they arent im sure they still want to do something along the same lines to a big open show..

im not fussed either way if they play

i know alot of thier songs and ive never seen them before

but if i had to choose id pick something else....Faithless maybe?

:lol::lol::D:):)

because Coldplay couldn't do Knebworth they're doing Wembley instead, so all of the same things would still apply.

Martin was asked on radio 1 more recently (a few weeks back) if they were playing and he said "I don't think so".

because Coldplay couldn't do Knebworth they're doing Wembley instead, so all of the same things would still apply.

Martin was asked on radio 1 more recently (a few weeks back) if they were playing and he said "I don't think so".

you mean the same Chris Martin that in 2006 said "you wont see us for a very long time" ? :rolleyes:

i believe him, who wouldnt

:O - I was simply repeating what he said, not saying I believe him.

He's been in the music biz for long enough now to know that he shouldn't open his gob and announce things which might undermine other things which the band are doing, so I'd have been surprised if he'd announced them as playing Glasto on radio 1, even if they are doing.

That Emily quote saying they're not playing is, for me so far, still the best *real* info there is on them being at Glasto this year, and I'm going with that until I hear anything different.

While Piltonites might get to hear who the headliners are before others, it's far from guaranteed that they will or that they'll be right with what they hear - there's been plenty of wrong rumours kicking around Pilton in the past and there will be again. The bands aren't booked from Pilton, and much of what's happening never gets to reach the ears of those employed by the fest in Pilton and Glastonbury.

Coldplay would be great, Friday more likely as NY not a convincing headliner in the UK (but would be for me) and need not be Pyramid anyway.

Oh no just thought, what if CP clash with NY, what a nightmare.

I have never understood why CP seem to attract such much negativety. I am not a serious fan but really love a few of their songs, many of which are very complex so why are they written off as "coffee table" music. Yes CM does over play it a bit on stage but I do not think he takes himself that seriously.

Please do not use this post as another starting point for "I hate CP" series of posts. If you do not like them then just ignore them.

Coldplay would be great, Friday more likely as NY not a convincing headliner in the UK (but would be for me) and need not be Pyramid anyway.

Oh no just thought, what if CP clash with NY, what a nightmare.

I have never understood why CP seem to attract such much negativety. I am not a serious fan but really love a few of their songs, many of which are very complex so why are they written off as "coffee table" music. Yes CM does over play it a bit on stage but I do not think he takes himself that seriously.

Please do not use this post as another starting point for "I hate CP" series of posts. If you do not like them then just ignore them.