Springsteen confirmed

Guest Winston Legthigh

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as his solos are different most of the time, I'd guess he doesn't rehearse them down to the note, no..

my point is that Knopfler is an average, fairly uninspiring/uninspired guitarist, who (also.. re: the Hendrix quote) happens to not know what he's talking about while being arrogant about it at the same time...

quite a feat really

Hi Tugger

I understand what you are saying, but I think the point most of the Springsteen fans are trying to get across is aimed at those people who are undecided about whether to see him or not. I guess when you are fanatical about something you try to convert others. It's sort of like doing them a favour. :P

I absolutely agree that if you really don't like his music you will be much better off elsewhere enjoying something you know will please you. Whatever you decide to see, have a great time.

Kev

my point is that Knopfler is an average, fairly uninspiring/uninspired guitarist, who (also.. re: the Hendrix quote) happens to not know what he's talking about while being arrogant about it at the same time...

quite a feat really

Bruce is definately worthy of being a headliner. The man is a legend and he no doubt has a massive following. I am not a huge fan and, depending on who else is playing at the time, I wouldn't mind seeing him. I think a listen to his greatest hits is in order though!

As for the idiot stonedhenge who has done nothing but slate him being there and has actually questioned him being worthy of a headline spot then just a little bit of info for you, the people who run the festival pull out all the stops for people to have the time of their lives, the diverse mix of music you will hear there I doubt you will get all in one festival anywhere else. If you are going purely on who the headliners are going to be then I suggest you pick another festival that suites your personal tastes. Maybe one that advocates piss throwing and smashing somebody in the mouth. Or, you could just grow up.

Maybe they should have picked the safe options of acts such as The Killers, Foo Fighters, Red Hoit Chilli Peppers just to satisfy the majority of mainstream music lovers :P

Edited by Chocscoffer

How long do we think he'll get to play? I mean it's one thing him playing, no problems, but eating up two slots, well that's a bit much isn't it? People saying that he is demanding a two and half hour or three hour slot?

Edited by sifimaster

Why would anyone do that?!

The best part of an amazing act at Glastonbury is the next day!

At the bar:

Hey did you see the Boss last night?

No!

Why not?

I was watching Franz

Oh man, I've seen Franz before they're SO good live

Yeah, they were great, danced my face off

Oh sweet

How was Springsteen?

It was amazing, it was like a moment you know.

Awesome.

*Collects drinks*

Well have a good one pal!

Yeah you too boss man!