Secret Slot?

Guest Wm.!

Secret Slot?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these four do you think will be the secret headliner?

• Coldplay
    • Arctic Monkeys
    • Fleetwood Mac
    • Led Zeppelin

I canbt see them being able to keep it secret for that long. someone somewhere will always drop a clanger especially if they are a big band.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while I don't know for sure, I believe its the case that Reading/Leeds are much keener to have exclusive acts than V - I think that V fest's biggest priority is to get huge bands with wide appeal, which means that they're prepared to compromise exclusivity a little more in getting those bands. I also believe its the case that Reading/Leeds rejected the opportunity to book certain bands this year because they couldn't have them on an exclusive basis.

Having said that, I guess it's still possible that R/L could share a headliner with Glasto, tho I believe it's the case that they've tightened up their contracts since Metallica played a 'secret slot' at Download the same year they were headlining Reading (around 5 years back), precisely because they want to ensure the exclusivity of their headliners.

What happened to the story that Radiohead had pulled out of Reading and Leeds? Has that since been discredited?

nope - I'm just about as sure as I ever am of anything that that happened.

What I guess has happened is that Reading lost one of the bands they were hoping to have (Green Day) and went back to Radiohead to see if it could be revived.

David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Graham Nash and David Crosby could be a good bet. I know there was some ill feeling over the request to play last year for Rick, but 12 months on could he have moved on and been persuaded to do it as a tribute at all..??

If there's anyone that Gilmour would play second fiddle to, then it might be Bruce Springsteen.... :P

Other than that it's definately the mighty QUO!!! :P

i dont think radiohead will play reading.

dont know why, i've got no "source" or anything, it'd just really surprise and upset me if they did do.

as for this secret act thing, i doubt it'll literally be kept a secret until they come on stage.

if that does happen, it'll be a big well done to the eavis' for managing it.

it'll probably be fleetwood mac though, which is annoying because they've already been talked about as definitely playing. therefore, not really a secret act.

i'd prefer it if someone who hadnt even appeared on the rumours list strolled out on the saturday. :P

Yes I have been to Glastonbury, and I think the idea that the crowd is a bunch of spliff smoking hypies is a little tiresome and cliched. If people miss some other acts who they like on the premise that an act who they're a major fan of is on, and it turns out to be someone whom in their opinion is at best average, I wouldn't have thought it would be deemed a good crowd.

I understand now!

Although this "Yes I have been to Glastonbury, and I think the idea that the crowd is a bunch of spliff smoking hypies is a little tiresome and cliched" made me think different. I've been to lots of different festivals going back twenty years now, and there is a different vibe to Glasto.

I dont think he means violence, more that everyone will try and move at the same time, hence creating a sort of crush!

nah, it won't happen - whoever the act is, it'll appeal to a good proportion of the crowd that's there, and some of those it doesn't appeal to will stay a while to check it out.

The only ones that'll shoot off somewhere else immediately are those that are certain they don't like the act and who fancy seeing one of the other acts elsewhere instead.

Trust me, it's a reformed Flowered Up, it's going to be epic, finishing with a full length version of Weekender. We're going to party like it's 1992 again

and they'll still be the youngest/newest band on the Pyramid.

Neil, everyone else, no need to confirm it, just trust me on this :P