Favourite Beard?

Guest redmosquito

As its nearing the end of the week I thought I would open up a discussion topic on something important.

Out of everyone that has played Glastonbury which artist was your favourite for facial hair choice?

To get the ball rolling I'm going for Willie Nelson, his beard is full, well looked after, is not too long but still retains a good deal of bushyness. In short it’s everything a beard should be.

I now open the board for discussion.

As its nearing the end of the week I thought I would open up a discussion topic on something important.

Out of everyone that has played Glastonbury which artist was your favourite for facial hair choice?

To get the ball rolling I'm going for Willie Nelson, his beard is full, well looked after, is not too long but still retains a good deal of bushyness. In short it’s everything a beard should be.

In 2007 I remember thinking what a fine piece of facial hair one of the guys on the JP stage had. From memory, it was long, grey and straggly - sort of an extended Seasick Steve beard.

Thing is, I don't think he was a performer at all - he was the chap who introduced each act. Anyone know who he is, and if he does it every year? (Didn't see him there in 2008, but then I hardly spent any time over that way.)

I've a vague idea he's someone well-known, but I may have got my facts completely wrong...

I think I found the beardy chap from the John Peel stage.

http://pontardawefestival.com/artists/arti...070620022654681

I'm sure I didn't dream him: someone else must remember him, surely?

And much as I admire the beards of both Michael Eavis and Seasick Steve, he's got them both beaten on length.

I don't know if he ever played in his folk band days, or even as a stand up comedian but it would be brilliant to see Billy Connolly at Glastonbury. He is bound to have visited at least once in his years even just as a punter. Feck, get him on stage this year!

He is the god of beards He has had a big ginger one, a purple one, a wee trimmed one, big scruffy one, blonde one, wee french moustache thing etc etc etc but my favourite is his Santa Claus or 'God' beard(as in Zeus not ME)..........sorry bout the crap pick........

BILLY_516x290_21582a.jpg