Blur Confirmed on BBC

Guest Forgibas

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, tis a perfect opportunity to say Woo Hoo... well it would be if I remembered any other Blur songs... ok Blur fans advise me - what album(s) should I go for?

I am going to be sticking to Mr Eavis' proffered headlines this year due to my shin kicking regret at not watching Jay Z last year. I may well be making the obvious statement of the century here when I say that he and the organisers very much know what they are doing.

EDIT: From best to worse:

Blur

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Parklife

The Great Escape

Think Tank

Leisure

But 13 and The Great Escape could be switched, depending on your mood. :lol:

AMAZING news, I'm quite the Blur fan, lovely warm-up for Hyde Park.

Edited by somecoolusername

Blur

Parklife

Modern Life Is Rubbish

The Great Escape

Are the best, in that order (which is the opposite order to the guy above, just to confuse you :lol: )

haha, tis a perfect opportunity to say Woo Hoo... well it would be if I remembered any other Blur songs... ok Blur fans advise me - what album(s) should I go for?

I am going to be sticking to Mr Eavis' proffered headlines this year due to my shin kicking regret at not watching Jay Z last year. I may well be making the obvious statement of the century here when I say that he and the organisers very much know what they are doing.

It is a testiment to how strong and diversified their back catalog is that no one can agree on a favorite album.

Modern Life

Parklife

Think Tank

Leisure

Blur

The Great Escape

Perhaps skewed by my age. It's difficult to quantify though as bar Parklife and TGE they're all so different. I can't wait to see them, maybe twice now it looks as if Orbital won't be playing and hence clashing (I'm Hyde Parking it too)

Man, this is tricky to list the albums in order of preference, and pretty objectively. For me, the order is;

Blur (I think this is their most interesting album, it's got loads of great songs on it, 'You're so great', 'On your own' 'Essex dogs' etc)

Parklife (if only because I saw them just adfter this had been released, at Newcastle Poly and it was a f****** great gig, and the girl I was going out with at the time blagged a couple of t-shirts after the show *sniff, nostalgia* :lol: )

Modern Life is Rubbish - Some fantastic stuff on here, some great songs for life performances

13 (This came out just at the right time for me, and every song really spoke to me and the situation I was in at the time. I recently listened to it again for the first time in ages, and I'm not convinced it's held up that well really.)

Think Tank (I don't realy know why I never got into this, I think I just sort of missed it when it came out and never really made it my own, know what I mean?)

Leisure (yeah well, you know, we were all young once, it's allowed)

I've seen them about 6 or 7 times, maybe more. it's always been wildly different, one of the things I love about blur is their continual reinvention, not just churning out the same album like so many artists. I honestly don't listen to them that much anymore, but, like a scar, they're always there.