Blur Confirmed on BBC

Guest Forgibas

YES!!!!! Oh, it will be an emotional one.

They used to close with 'This Is A Low' quite a lot in the early-ish days, like around '94, but then they started closing with 'The Universal' and then 'Song 2' came along, so they started closing with that or 'The Universal', but I reckon they may revert back to their old ways, not that I really care too much, it's gonna be special whatever they play.

But I want 'The Universal' as Reading 2003 would have intended it, just with the addititon of Coxon, obvs:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you're joking or not, but Blur have a song called 'Sing' too, appears on their first album and the Trainspotting Soundtrack.

I'm presuming that they're going to get Phil Daniels to do Phil Daniels' bits for Hyde Park at least, if not Glastonbury then Damon will do them, as he did back in the day, they couldn't get Phil Daniels to come to every one of their gigs, he did the big ones/the ones in London generally.

I'm trying and failing to pick 5 songs, 5 favourite albums would even be tough, so I've craftily left out the hits, taking them as givens:

'Death Of A Party'

'Look Inside America'

'Advert'

'Starshaped'

'Trouble In The Message Centre'

.... off the top of my head, will be re-drafted SEVERAL times.

Graham did guitar on Battery in Your Leg from Think Tank, so that might be a go...but other than that I'd doubt they'd play anything from it, unless Graham felt strongly otherwise. It's not like they are hurting for material without it.

So, five tracks you want played?

Popscene

The Universal

Colin Zeal

There's No Other Way

Out Of Time (Don't hurt me!)

Edited by suchacharmer

Yeah, the "lalala" parts would be absolutely great. So many of their songs are going to make excellent singalongs, I can not wait!

I thought Think Tank was mega, it was just different to anything Blur had done before. Although I know many did not like it, maybe because of the different sound.

Adore 'good song' I doubt it will get played, but such a beautiful song

Also be great if they slid in "We've Got a File on You", what harm could it do, all 2 minutes of it ;)

I thought Think Tank was mega, it was just different to anything Blur had done before. Although I know many did not like it, maybe because of the different sound.

Adore 'good song' I doubt it will get played, but such a beautiful song

Also be great if they slid in "We've Got a File on You", what harm could it do, all 2 minutes of it :unsure: