The Killers are shit - official thread

Guest lighty2

as much as I loved 75% of Hot Fuss and 15% of Sams Town - I 100% hate the new album (to the extent that I didn't even bother to remember it's name). If the line-up gets announced today as planned, I hope there are some decent bands on at the same time. Otherwise I doubt I'll bother!

Also, me and my chums agree that the best thing that could happen to The Killers is they split up and all the memebrs (excluding Brandon Flowers) form a new band together with a new lead singer. His ego got them where they are today and will unfortunately be the end of them too.

To be honest, the boring criticism of V's headliners is often far more boring than the headliners themselves....

V have always had main stream headliners (safety 1st) and always will!!! It's hardly a shock!!!

I don't see the problem, this will be my 11th year, and you know Monday after V2008 that this year will be Coldplay, Killers, Snow Patrol etc.. etc... but just because they're on the Main Stage, it doesn't mean you have to watch them!!!

I shall use examples....

Last time The Killers played - quite simply watched Damien Rice instead - no contest!! In fact I was glad there was no clash as I could've missed out!!

V2004 - Not a big fan of Muse (heaven forbid) so watched the Bees instead - fantastic!!

V2005 - Franz Ferdinand (okay they were second on the Main Stage but billed as joint headliners) - went and watched The Roots in the JJB.

V2006 - Groove Armada instead of Morrissey......

And before anybody says "this is a thread for people who think the Killers are shit" - well I do - but I like to look at my glass half full.

Can't we all just get along......

Bunny, I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that they couldn't go and see anyone else if The Killers did play. I think people are more bothered with the lack of variety. It makes perfect sense for TK to be headlining since they have a new album out, I just think people are disappointed that they are headlining and not someone else.

If you catch my drift.

I agree that does seem like a lazy choice. Cud have guessed this months ago. With the V headliners theres a very small percentage of the bands out there at the moment that would be asked to headline V; Killers, Oasis, Muse, Coldplay, Verve and that is a little sad.

But as an additional note: I love the killers (even Day & Age) and thought they were amazing in 07, though it may be a lazy choice it's one im happy with :unsure:

Bunny, I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that they couldn't go and see anyone else if The Killers did play. I think people are more bothered with the lack of variety. It makes perfect sense for TK to be headlining since they have a new album out, I just think people are disappointed that they are headlining and not someone else.

If you catch my drift.

Signed , glad im not off this year for the weekend.

May go and see oasis with a day ticket tho.

• 15 years later...